Lighting options for Raptor with Cobb FMIC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoostedToy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2018 Raptor with a Cobb FMIC (not stock location). I was hoping to do some behind the grille lighting options but it does not appear to have enough room for a light bar with the behind the grill mounted FMiC. Is there anything that you all know could work behind the grill with this set up?

I was hoping to not have to go to options outside of behind the grill for combo lighting. What throws the most light from the fog locations? I’ve had Rigid light bars (E Series 30” and 20”) and side shooter fogs on my previous Gen 1 and was happy with it. I know there are some other cheaper brands (M&H) that some think do well and I’ve always been intrigued by Baja Designs (expensive, but if it’s that much better of a product, I’m game).

Any help is much appreciated!

cptnslo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could sell me the front mount and then do whatever lighting you want

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
That FMIC basically rules out behind the grille options. You could mount the NFAB bar that secures to the stock bumper location and you could either run a decent bar or some pods.

your best bet for simplicity in the fog light location are B/D squadron pros. You -could- go bigger with some cutting, but you’d be doing some fab work.

here’s my setup, constantly in progress:
IMG_5935.jpeg

The behind the grille light was among the first mods and it’s great, but if I were doing it over again, I’d do a pair of LP9’s or a big áss Onxy6. Or both. The S8 is nice because it’s up relatively high and not easily obstructed.

I don’t have the FMIC so not facing that challenge, but that S8 takes up a lot of room. Just with what I have, I have illumination out to .6 miles, beyond my ability to see anyway. I can spot critters pretty far out too, giving me more time to correct.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
With that bumper, I’d probably do similar but I like having some decent SAE I can run without getting grief.
Plus, still waiting for word on the LP15’s. Talkin’ to you @Baja Designs ...

Kyle@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have a 2018 Raptor with a Cobb FMIC (not stock location). I was hoping to do some behind the grille lighting options but it does not appear to have enough room for a light bar with the behind the grill mounted FMiC. Is there anything that you all know could work behind the grill with this set up?

I was hoping to not have to go to options outside of behind the grill for combo lighting. What throws the most light from the fog locations? I’ve had Rigid light bars (E Series 30” and 20”) and side shooter fogs on my previous Gen 1 and was happy with it. I know there are some other cheaper brands (M&H) that some think do well and I’ve always been intrigued by Baja Designs (expensive, but if it’s that much better of a product, I’m game).

Any help is much appreciated!

Output when it comes to Rigid or Baja designs, Baja designs has more output. Like you said they are more expensive.
With the FMIC in the way, I do not know of a setup designed to work. You may be able to fit some BD Squadron Pro’s in the upper area and mount them to the grill shutter area that has been cut out.
IMG_1503.jpeg

Me myself I couldn’t do that on both sides because that’s were my relocated ACC bracket is on the passenger side.

Your option for the most light output from the fog location would be Baja Designs Squadron/S2 Unlimited Fog Pocket light kit
Two Squadron Pro’s 4900 lumens each
Two Squadron Racer Spots 4300 lumens each
Two S2 Pro’s 2450 Lumens each

I have the Squadron Racers on my A-Pillars and nothing goes farther than them except laser!
Baja Designs and Rigid both offer other options for the fog location.

We carry everything above here at Apollo Optics. Happy to help go over options to find the best setup for you.

Kyle

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Output when it comes to Rigid or Baja designs, Baja designs has more output. Like you said they are more expensive.
With the FMIC in the way, I do not know of a setup designed to work. You may be able to fit some BD Squadron Pro’s in the upper area and mount them to the grill shutter area that has been cut out.
View attachment 428989

Me myself I couldn’t do that on both sides because that’s were my relocated ACC bracket is on the passenger side.

Your option for the most light output from the fog location would be Baja Designs Squadron/S2 Unlimited Fog Pocket light kit
Two Squadron Pro’s 4900 lumens each
Two Squadron Racer Spots 4300 lumens each
Two S2 Pro’s 2450 Lumens each

I have the Squadron Racers on my A-Pillars and nothing goes farther than them except laser!
Baja Designs and Rigid both offer other options for the fog location.

We carry everything above here at Apollo Optics. Happy to help go over options to find the best setup for you.

Kyle
Our friends over at Apollo-optics are spot on. If you are looking for the best setup for your vehicle this would be it! We also have a Lifetime warranty on our lights and our lenses are uServiceable which means you can swap the pattern or color of the lens without voiding the warranty.
Best,