Another Mouth to Feed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CecilK12

Reaction score
I’ve had the Raptor almost 3 months now. Although I don’t regret the purchase I’ve realized quickly that a Raptor is like having a toddler and a teenager. One always needs something and one always wants something. The truck runs like a scalded ape, but it’s clear the truck was traded in for many of the small maintenance/upkeep items having been neglected. Love the truck! Upgrades begin soon!

Jake226

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the place. Happy to hear there’s another Raptor owner in the state.

What year, mileage, and nuisances are you experiencing?

There’s a wealth of knowledge on this forum that will likely help you to address many your issues without having to take it to the dealership/garage.

OP
OP
CecilK12

CecilK12

Reaction score
2018 - 82k miles

Seems to only be the usual stuff I see posted here….sway bar end links, shocks need rebuilt or replaced, nothing major I don’t believe. The priority is the rear diff has a whining type noise. At first being my first Raptor I thought possibly with the gearing this was possibly a Raptor characteristic, but then noticed there was a slight fluid leak. Tightened diff cover which helped a little. I’m losing my mind or recall reading that the 2018 models had some rear diffs that used subpar iron, was like the diff cover was sweating fluid thru the cover, but I can’t find the article again. It’s going to the shop soon for warranty work. Allegedly the ‘covers all warranty’ I purchased includes everything except brake pads and windshield wipers. We’ll see.