GEN 2 Annoying squeak please help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vitaminR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here you go, just watched this last night. I think he solved it.

https://youtu.be/0C1rnEYxSyA

As stated in this video Mr Truck dude was hesitant to take his new truck to a dealer to have them R&R the headliner or any parts of the roof. I second this because I bought a brand new big John Deere tractor in 2012 and there was something wrong with the AC and the monkeys at the JD dealership R&R'd my headliner and destroyed the tan felt with their greasy fingerprints. I know it's a tractor but none of my stuff is treated like that and I was super pissed. They wouldn't do anything about it after the fact either. I still look at that mess all the time above my head and growl inside.

Give this video a shot and see if that's the source of the squeaking.

NJSP117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the sqeak/knock as well. Couldn't figure out where it was coming from other than it was in the back and possibly the seat. I thought maybe the back of the rear seat wasn't hooked in correctly, but it was.
I sat in the back seat and realized it was coming from the sunroof. This morning I did what the guy in the video from the f-150 forums suggested and it worked. No more noise...thank god....cause it was bugging the shit out of me.

Alright, I had made a video. I then came across this one and I believe this is what the issue is. However it seems impossible to isolate it. Any luck guys? I owe my sanity to whoever figures this out. Gonna try a different dealership later this week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOTqM-tr21k

Tony Raptor

Reaction score
I brought my 2018 Raptor to dealer and thankfully they adjusted it and it went away for good, I started squeezing foam inbetween and it just kept coming back so I said before I strip it, just take it in.

Tony Raptor

Reaction score
Mine has had a squeak coming from the rear seats as well, agree it's been very annoying. I haven't taken the time to ride in the back seat yet to isolate but I believe mine is coming from the passenger side seat belt assembly. I'm quite sure it's not coming from the sunroof, although he Ford sunroofs are not known for quality and durability.
I'd check the seatbelt buckle, mine was rubbing on the bumps and I added a zip tie to keep it suspended instead of letting it fall down on the metal and I don't hear anything anymore.

Dachuri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd check the seatbelt buckle, mine was rubbing on the bumps and I added a zip tie to keep it suspended instead of letting it fall down on the metal and I don't hear anything anymore.

Yes, exactly what it was. I pinned a portion of the belt behind the back seat to keep the buckle from rubbing but that gets screwed up every time someone rides in the back. I’ll try the zip tie route.