Aftermarket tuning, Wheels, paint and bed upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
glb

glb

Reaction score
Truck looks good. I've never been a huge fan of those rims, but they work for you. And run whatever wheels and tires you like. I like 20s on a Raptor. Most don't. I'm curious, what is your offset on those wheels?

Thanks etalian2005. The wheels are 0 offset

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

Truck looks good. I've never been a huge fan of those rims, but they work for you. And run whatever wheels and tires you like. I like 20s on a Raptor. Most don't. I'm curious, what is your offset on those wheels?

Thanks etalian2005. The wheels are 0 offset.

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

Nice truck! Don't take offense to the expert opions some of the members here are trying to share. I think your truck looks "bad ass." If you are happy with the setup thats all that matters. I like what you have done. You are going to inspire a lot of people on here who 'dig' that particular look. We are raptor community here. The more diversity in RAPTORS the better IMHO. *** AS YOU STATED, ITS A DREAM COME TRUE JUST HAVE A RAPTOR! *** With that setup, you are going to make non raptor owners have "wet dreams" when they see it. Congrats KEEP THE DREAM ALIVE!:rockit:

Thanks mjyst.... Mucho appreesh your comments. Yeah I realize that it probably is not the ideal most extreme off-road set up you could have on a raptor but I absolutely love the raptor itself and had to do the tweaks that I felt made the truck more me. I love the hotrod horsepower of pushing you back in the seat of a sports car, when you nail the throttle, the practicality of being able haul the kids and all their gear around, the rumble of a big v-8 ....and more than anything I wanted to be able to drive off the side of whatever road I'm on when traffic jams or most anything else gets in my way.... :) I wanted the best of both worlds and this was as close as I could get to that. I'm lovin it!

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

I personally like those wheels, especially they appear to be concave as well. I think only thing else you can do is mid-perch to level the truck out. I also like 20's on the Raptor, they're perfect fine for off-road in the mud, my wheels didn't get hurt and didn't phase the white wheels strip along the rim.

Thanks infinitereality. Yup... Wheels are definitely concave and a major reason that I was drawn to them. On the mid-perch… Is there anything in particular doing the mid-perch to the front end does to the truck. ( I.e. limit front suspension travel, change ride quality, etc) or what are the pros cons to it? Also what is the cost I would expect to pay for that

---------- Post added at 09:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

I personally like those wheels, especially they appear to be concave as well. I think only thing else you can do is mid-perch to level the truck out. I also like 20's on the Raptor, they're perfect fine for off-road in the mud, my wheels didn't get hurt and didn't phase the white wheels strip along the rim.

By the way infinitereality absolutely love the photos. It's clear that you had an awesome time doing that. Can't wait to do the same in mine :)

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Good. With a 0 offset you won't risk hitting your fenders. Mid perch moves the perch setting of the factory coilovers up from the bottom perch to the middle perch (hence the name). It makes the front end sit a little taller and looks better. It causes less nosedive during heavy braking and the ride is similar to stock. If you look up RPGs video on YouTube, it is doable in an afternoon with hand tools. With air tools, it would go even faster. An alignment is recommended after the adjustment. I

showerfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've been going back and forth on 17's vs 20's and i think you've settled it for me. those wheels look absolutely sick! i totally get the iron maiden reference, though i'd lean more towards black sabbath. the cranks design is kind of celtic crossish. also, while i'll be excited to do the occasional offroad trekking trip, and probably the snowball, i'm going to be on the roads of this godforsaken city most of the time. those wheels look ominous, they will strike terror into the hearts of camry owners everywhere. beware, suburban subaru drivers.

you need to go to mid-perch.

Last edited: