Aftermarket tuning, Wheels, paint and bed upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Glo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought I would open this thread In case anyone is looking for some sweet aftermarket upgrades that look great on the raptor just thought I would post pics of my new truck and a few upgrades that I did to it. Would love to see what others have done to customize their raptors.

Welcome to the forum!!!!

Awesome truck you got! Hope you loving the power!

Rocknron

Reaction score
Nice truck man. I did the color matched bumpers and flairs black as well, makes a huge difference. I'm running 20" BMF's and 35"Toyo's on mid perch. A lot of people on here just repete what a few say. Most keep repeating that Raptors should have a 17" rim and it's needed for off roading but I think there are a lot of people on here that think they have done some serious off roading because they drove down some dirt roads or went off roading into a hay field. I had dedicated off road vehicle's before with 400 hp and 1 ton running gear with tires as larger as 42" and have a pretty good idea what works off road. I think that 20"rims with a 35" tire is not going to affect what 95% + of the people do here for off roading when most of us won't be doing any real off roading with or trucks and just want to look good picking the kids up at school.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Truck looks good. I've never been a huge fan of those rims, but they work for you. And run whatever wheels and tires you like. I like 20s on a Raptor. Most don't. I'm curious, what is your offset on those wheels?

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
:favorites13::favorites13::favorites13::favorites13::favorites13::favorites13::favorites13::favorites13:
SuperRaptor,
No.
A 35" tire on a 17" rim gives 8.75" of sidewall. 35" tire on a 20" rim gives a 7.5" sidewall. Less sidewall gives a stiffer ride, and greater risk of rim damage. Also when airing down there is less ballooning of the tire so a smaller footprint on soft soil. All in all the fatter the tire and the bigger the sidewall gives better traction...in OFF ROAD conditions. The opposite is also true for on road use.
OFF ROAD driving favors taller tires to clear rocks/stumps/turtles, etc when driving fast; fatter tires in softer soil conditions. Most of the dedicated off roading community agree that the rim size should be less than or equal to 1/2 the tire height...ie 35" tire a rim of 17". 36 in tire no more than an 18" rim. 40 in tire 20" (or less).
Because we need sufficient braking area on the rotors, most modern trucks use a rotor that requires at least a 17" rim to clear the caliper.
So 35' tires on 20" rims give one the impression that the truck is not being set up for the off road environment.
Eddie

mjyst3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice truck! Don't take offense to the expert opions some of the members here are trying to share. I think your truck looks "bad ass." If you are happy with the setup thats all that matters. I like what you have done. You are going to inspire a lot of people on here who 'dig' that particular look. We are raptor community here. The more diversity in RAPTORS the better IMHO.

*** AS YOU STATED, ITS A DREAM COME TRUE JUST HAVE A RAPTOR! ***

With that setup, you are going to make non raptor owners have "wet dreams" when they see it.

Congrats KEEP THE DREAM ALIVE!:rockit:

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whatever you do, don't leave the pavement. You will destroy your fenders and tires. Looks great though.

Isnt a 35" tall tire a 35" tall tire?

:favorites13::favorites13::favorites13::favorites13::favorites13::favorites13::favorites13::favorites13:
SuperRaptor,
No.
A 35" tire on a 17" rim gives 8.75" of sidewall. 35" tire on a 20" rim gives a 7.5" sidewall. Less sidewall gives a stiffer ride, and greater risk of rim damage. Also when airing down there is less ballooning of the tire so a smaller footprint on soft soil. All in all the fatter the tire and the bigger the sidewall gives better traction...in OFF ROAD conditions. The opposite is also true for on road use.
OFF ROAD driving favors taller tires to clear rocks/stumps/turtles, etc when driving fast; fatter tires in softer soil conditions. Most of the dedicated off roading community agree that the rim size should be less than or equal to 1/2 the tire height...ie 35" tire a rim of 17". 36 in tire no more than an 18" rim. 40 in tire 20" (or less).
Because we need sufficient braking area on the rotors, most modern trucks use a rotor that requires at least a 17" rim to clear the caliper.
So 35' tires on 20" rims give one the impression that the truck is not being set up for the off road environment.
Eddie

I was making a point because you said he would destroy his fenders...a 35" tall tire is 35" tall. His fenders aren't going to care if it has 7.5" of sidewall 8.75".

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
I personally like those wheels, especially they appear to be concave as well. I think only thing else you can do is mid-perch to level the truck out.

I also like 20's on the Raptor, they're perfect fine for off-road in the mud, my wheels didn't get hurt and didn't phase the white wheels strip along the rim.

20131223_155238.jpg
20131223_155224.jpg
20131223_155401.jpg
20131223_155344.jpg