Aftermarket exhausts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hamm9r21

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I’ve been looking into a couple aftermarket exhausts. Specifically, Borla S type or AWE 2FG. Anyone have any advice on what sounds better? I realize it will never sound like the V8. I’m just looking for a little deeper sound when I’m cruising around in normal mode on the daily. Thanks,
Mike

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had really 3 different exhaust now but all based on the Borla Atak. Started with the Borla Atak by itself. That last about 1 month is all I could take. Put some miles on it to "break in" and just couldn't do. It was way to much. But didn't have my stock resonator and Borla was not selling theirs yet so I welded in 2 of Borla resonators on each side between X and mufflers. Much better. Ran this way for many miles. Then I put on some Kooks downpipe and KHC turndown tips. Was scared of what it would sound like so I also threw on Borla resonator. So my exhaust is now... Kooks catted downpipes, Borla resonator, 2 x borla single resonator on each side, Atak mufflers, KHC turndown tips. I really like the sound.
Getting a sound that sounds good from the 6 is so much harder than the 8. Listening to them online is tough to. Also what I like you may not like. Good luck.

M_NorthRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2FG all the way. Don't even bother with Borla in my opinion. Found a deal on the 2FG and wouldn't change it to anything else. Has a slightly louder than stock cruise sound. When you open it up it sounds greaaaaat! My mileage has gone down a bit from the heavier foot now hahaha

RussS

Reaction score
Consider the Corsa Sport or Xtreme. I have the latter. I take the truck off road and get nothing but compliments on the sound. Yes it’s loud and yes it’s not a V8 but it’s still way better than stock IMO

jroub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I’ve been looking into a couple aftermarket exhausts. Specifically, Borla S type or AWE 2FG. Anyone have any advice on what sounds better? I realize it will never sound like the V8. I’m just looking for a little deeper sound when I’m cruising around in normal mode on the daily. Thanks,
Mike
Don’t waste the money. They all sound like a$$. Money better spent elsewhere.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Mike
Might want to research the Ford Performance exhaust made by Borla as many seem to like that one as well, reportedly with no drone