Afe Scorcher = Massive Loss in Performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might I suggest a tune from MPT.

Tried various things, flipping the plugs - everything - it’s very straight forward. Now light on the toggle switch doesn’t illuminate.

Ripped it out and truck is running great. Will be sending this junk back ASAP!

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
These piggyback items are the way to go though if you want any shot at being able to get warranty work done. If you have a tune in the truck, your service department will know that and use against anything being covered by ford.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look at this guys various posts.

Sasquatch couldn’t stay away long! Banned for a minute!

It’s like playing where’s Waldo.

Lol

These piggyback items are the way to go though if you want any shot at being able to get warranty work done. If you have a tune in the truck, your service department will know that and use against anything being covered by ford.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Squatch alert

This guy is too much.

Attachments

• CA81A061-AFE0-49EF-A43B-A3B4C725B0B7.jpeg
    CA81A061-AFE0-49EF-A43B-A3B4C725B0B7.jpeg
    130.7 KB · Views: 43
OP
OP
kpg81

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only bought this vs the MPT tune so there wouldn't be a dealer issue.. just until the Ford Performance tune is released.

The lame thing about all this is I bought it from CJ Pony Parts.. and they are making it extremely difficult to return! They called AFE and said they cant return it unless I work with them to reinstall it and troubleshoot the problem.. what kind of crap is that? No wonder Amazon is killing these mom and pops websites, because you can easily return defective shit! What a joke. Don't buy from them unless you want to be stuck fighting with them for an RMA.

Heelfan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I just installed the AFE scorcher on my 2018 Raptor. Very straightforward install, and doublechecked everything as well.

I started the truck up and immediately got a wrench light. Reset battery, and it went away.

Drove truck and 0 PSI boost. Completely gutless, turbo not even spooling.

Reset battery again and same result... seems so far the Scorcher removed 400HP then added 40HP... anyone know what is causing the truck to be in a limp-mode like State with it?

Thanks!

Are these compatible with the 2018’s? Most tuner don’t even have tuning for 18’s yet. Also their website says for the 17’ raptor but doesn’t mention 18’.