ADD / VIAIR bolt in compressor kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why not wire it to an auxillary switch?

FSM

Whats the point? You have to get in and out of the truck to air the tires anyway, so why not save the switch for lighting or an exhaust cutout or something of that nature? The alligator clamps make more sense to me than wiring it in. .....just my $.02

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good point BO, lots of unused AUX switches out there though. Was just a thought.

FSM

BOJANGLES

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good point BO, lots of unused AUX switches out there though. Was just a thought.

FSM

Yeah, youre right about that. But with my plans, im already gonna need an extra switch or two, thats the only reason I didnt hardwire this.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I have one left. Need to use it wisely.
Hmmm back up lights/ air comp/ in cab disco ball. So much to choose from.

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
Yeah, i bought it for airing up and down during my weekend desert excursions.... Any other uses are just fringe benefits.

Im starting to consider not mounting it because im worried about the compressor's motor handling all the dust i go through, but im gonna wait and see what SOCOMech and Ryan have to say about it being that theyve already been down that road. For now im gonna leave the mounting plate as a resting point when in-use, and keep the compressor in the bag under my rear seat.

Compressor works great though.... Just messed around aring down and back up 2 tires in the driveway just for fun, this thing will definitely get the job done.

Yes, you do need to remove the diamond plate that the compressor mounts to. I've had mine for a while now and have 0 issues with it. It's been on every romp and is still sitting tight and airing up like a champ. The one thing I would recommend is to get a little cap to put over the air fitting when not in use, that way it keeps dust from getting in there. As for wiring, no use to wire it to one of the aux switches, you're out of the truck when using it anyway......I have my cables run nice, neat and out of sight to the battery and have them secured on the side of the battery tray. That way when it's time to use them, I just hook them up and tuck them back in when I'm done. I keep the bag it comes in under my back seat, holding not just the hose and accessories but some tools, gloves and what not.

BOJANGLES

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, you do need to remove the diamond plate that the compressor mounts to. I've had mine for a while now and have 0 issues with it. It's been on every romp and is still sitting tight and airing up like a champ. The one thing I would recommend is to get a little cap to put over the air fitting when not in use, that way it keeps dust from getting in there. As for wiring, no use to wire it to one of the aux switches, you're out of the truck when using it anyway......I have my cables run nice, neat and out of sight to the battery and have them secured on the side of the battery tray. That way when it's time to use them, I just hook them up and tuck them back in when I'm done. I keep the bag it comes in under my back seat, holding not just the hose and accessories but some tools, gloves and what not.

That's what I thought (removing the diamond plate). SOCOM, you're not concerned about the amount of dust the compressor motor sees in weekly offroad use?? ....not to mention the jolting associated with whoops and jumps? My brother was trying to convince me not to mount it.... He says "with the way you drive your truck, this thing won't last long being mounted." ....I'm still on the fence, but it's encouraging to see yours is holding up, cause I know your truck is no stranger to a desert beating either.

Crosstx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wouldnt sweat it
I have had those mounted on the trucks I supply my crews at work and they have held up to that abuse, and let me tell you those ******** try their damndest to screw up every piece of equipment we have.
Mine differ a little bit because they came mounted on a 3gal tank but its the exact same compressor
Those compressors are holding up after the silt beds near Pecos TX weekly and also a few of them are mounted in the bed open to all elements and after 2 yrs of service they are holding up. Only ones I had to replace were damaged by stuff in the bed sliding into or landing on it.

I really like these alot and they are tough lil boogers