Add me to the cam phaser list, also a positive dealership story!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a 2017 Raptor followed by a 2018 Platinum, same engine. I then went to a 2019 Raptor and I was certain the 2018 Platinum felt quite a bit quicker. Absolutely no doubt it was due to the narrower tires and the overall weight.

BTW, is the cam phaser issue still extant in the late produced 2020?

Platinums never came with the 3.5 HO. Did you actually have a Limited which does? Just curious.

Stilldoggy

Reaction score
Will take the dealership into consideration. Live up north south of Savannah, GA. I don't think this is the first time I have heard good stories about this dealership and their care for Raptors.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Platinums never came with the 3.5 HO. Did you actually have a Limited which does? Just curious.
I should’ve been more specific. It was the 3.5 liter turbo engine, but not the HO of the limited or the Raptor. But it still felt seat of the pants quicker. Bottom line, however, is I missed my Raptor so dumped the platinum for a Raptor and have t looked back, though my wife misses the massage seats. I do have them in my M5 but they are very mild in comparison.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I should’ve been more specific. It was the 3.5 liter turbo engine, but not the HO of the limited or the Raptor. But it still felt seat of the pants quicker. Bottom line, however, is I missed my Raptor so dumped the platinum for a Raptor and have t looked back, though my wife misses the massage seats. I do have them in my M5 but they are very mild in comparison.

I would have got the massaging seats in the Raptor if available lol.