Add-a-leaf

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R@pt0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone installed a Add-A-Leaf. I understand that new leaf springs would be best, but new springs are $1000+ compared to less than $200 for the AAL. I only occasionally off-road and I'm really looking for the 1" increase in ride height to match the front. The AAL looks like it installs between the existing leaves in the spring pack and slightly increases the ride height and stiffness. Since there isn't a Raptor specific AAL, I'd use a F150 AAL. I think this will work assuming the Raptor leafs are the same as F150 leaf springs.

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Shackles would lower the truck. An add a leaf would do what you are looking for. But the do stiffen the ride up quite a bit. The only time I really recommend adding leafs to an existing leaf pack is when we do a "mini-pack". These usually consist of 3 thinner leaf springs to give a more progressive spring pack to help with the bumps off road.

carlschmarl2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone installed a Add-A-Leaf. I understand that new leaf springs would be best, but new springs are $1000+ compared to less than $200 for the AAL. I only occasionally off-road and I'm really looking for the 1" increase in ride height to match the front. The AAL looks like it installs between the existing leaves in the spring pack and slightly increases the ride height and stiffness. Since there isn't a Raptor specific AAL, I'd use a F150 AAL. I think this will work assuming the Raptor leafs are the same as F150 leaf springs.

Any luck on finding out if the F-150 AAL's will work?

I searched and didn't find anything specific.

I did find another member here who had some custom ones made.

I'm looking for a little height along with the added benefit of being able to load the bed up without having any sag...especially once I do the Mid-Perch Adjustment.

Banned
Reaction score
They should work, as far as I know the only major difference between the raptor rear suspension and f150 rear suspension is the shocks.

PoolManRaptor87

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone here installed the AAL yet? Purchasing a kit myself. Like everyone stated most say fits all models besides raptor, however Im pretty sure leaf packs are the same as other models.
Grabbing this kit next week regardless tho.Screenshot_20230811-010903.png