87 octane tune?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NE Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Cobb AP comes with an OTS 87 tune which limits the truck to about 17lbs of boost. I run it as I have unlimited free gas through my company but I can only get 87. For me the difference is $5k-$6k+ per year easy with the amount I drive. 87 is perfectly fine to run in these with normal everyday driving. If I am towing or running the truck for performance then I run 93 and change the tune. It is a world of difference. The nice part is you can also adjust the pedal like a pedal commander which improves the response of the truck greatly, you can also mount the AP and run 6 different gauges at once to monitor everything. It is a very slick setup especially for someone else like me who is looking for versatility and likes the best of both worlds.

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The factory tune will add and remove timing as it needs to. It is actually a much wider sweep then a performance tune. But even in a performance tune can sweep up to 5 degrees either way I believe on these ecoboost motors.

Spider-One

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might have to take a look at a trans tune in the near future, made a decent difference on my 2010. Personally I can't get anything over 87 due to my remote location. Quickest I can fill up with 91 is about 450km away. Hard enough to stock 91 for the dirt bike and snowmobile never mind enough for the truck.