60" LED Tailgate Light Bar Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm thinking that info will be usefull for someone who wants to wire this thing up as a cheap emergency light bar... flashing the ambers fast during a hazard would be cool

Johngm45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am having a fast turn signal left and right side after 10 to 15 seconds after I turn on my signals and then there is nothing working in the rear??
Anyone have this issue ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
John I had replied to you in another thread but you never responded:

Need more info on your install.
First which product did you install?
Second how did you wire it up, need specific details on how you wired it up.
Third, where did you buy the product out of curiosity?
Fourth, what year/make/model truck.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah to make the red work as it should... You would just need to remove the amber and jump the (yellow and green) over to that circuit.
The red without the box is full bright, so to get the running lights they are reducing the voltage i assume

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I hope you'll post up info on your install so we can see what you did.

I'd like:
* Red for brakes and turn signals
* White for reverse
* Amber switched with AUX (Upfitter switched) for dust light and "emergency" (side of the road, whatever)

Johngm45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How are your lights connected to your truck John? What kind of lights?

They are direct wired to both sides of taillights per instruction sheet that came with the 60” switchblade bar with led turn and reverse lights?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Whatcha mean by direct direct to BOTH sides of tailgates? Where'd you buy it from?

Johngm45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased from Amazon, direct wired to taillights per putco instructions that came with the bar on my 17 raptor

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You have LED taillights from Ford right?? That might be where your issue is. The truck is seeing too much power being pulled.. you should tap into your truck's trailer wiring harness, per the instructions.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hope you'll post up info on your install so we can see what you did.

I'd like:

* Red for brakes and turn signals

* White for reverse

* Amber switched with AUX (Upfitter switched) for dust light and "emergency" (side of the road, whatever)

Sorry without doing it again and taking and making instructions on the way this is the best i can do for now

fd9d8997b3898dab0141fd357aa6caa4.jpg

This is whats inside the billet aluminium box. There are 12 total wires (6 pairs) positive and negative for the left and right sides for the red, yellow and white.

I just cut the wires and figured what was what after the fact by applying power to each pair and labeled them.

Rather than "tapping" into the factory wiring i got a curt t connecter and tapped into that
19ee12f224ca96ee3ffc7343c6ed6c9f.jpg

Reverse goes to center of the 7 pin, stop, left and right go to yellow and green wires. And the yellow i ran a wire up through my frame to keep it hidden and connected to my upfitter aux 2 under the hood.

There is no parking light (dimmer) with the direct wire...i can be done using and swapping some wires in the putco circuit...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
OR just buy the Putco bar for DOT/Highway use which is designed for flashing ambers/white lights lol :) But good info if you want to modify the regular blade bar :)