5.2L Gen2 Raptor Advice.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leadfoot2018

Reaction score
Guys, seems I'm at my limit.

V6 turbo Gas Trucks..... RAPTurds.

Coming from a SS Silverado Magnusoned up and a SRT10, this HO 3.5L isn't cutting it.

"Low Oil Pressure" Curse has found this truck.

Tons of fun to drive out of the box but seems to be "ever changing" noises and behavior coming out of the hood. Its been hanging out in the back of my local Ford Dealer for over a week now with no path for reconciliation yet.

I'm thinking about pulling the motor. I came across this "5.2L" offered by Ford that seems to mate up pretty well with the 10 speed transmission. I dont know, maybe im crazy. What do you guys think? What all would this require besides a good tech and tune?

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm thinking about pulling the motor. I came across this "5.2L" offered by Ford that seems to mate up pretty well with the 10 speed transmission. I dont know, maybe im crazy. What do you guys think? What all would this require besides a good tech and tune?

LOL! Good luck with that. Be better off selling and getting something you like.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys, seems I'm at my limit.

V6 turbo Gas Trucks..... RAPTurds.

Coming from a SS Silverado Magnusoned up and a SRT10, this HO 3.5L isn't cutting it.

"Low Oil Pressure" Curse has found this truck.

Tons of fun to drive out of the box but seems to be "ever changing" noises and behavior coming out of the hood. Its been hanging out in the back of my local Ford Dealer for over a week now with no path for reconciliation yet.

What did your shop say

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
if you are still completely stock with it.

it would make more sense to trade it in on a loaded 5.0 f150 and toss all the oem stuff on it. at this point you can SC the 5.0 and make tons more power over all.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you're at the limit of your patients after a week, get out now. Some parts are on back-order and take over a month to get. My Raptor was at the dealer for 5 weeks waiting for a new PCM. I still love the truck and wouldn't give it up for any other truck but if patience is in short supply on your end you may have a problem.

That said, I can't imagine your "idea" is going to get you on the road any sooner. I also can't imagine you'll be able to pull it off and maintain reliability.

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LS swap it!!

The new ZL1 camaros have the same 10 speed trans, so you know an LT4 should slip in there perfect. Plus, they are supercharged, so your boost gauge would still have a purpose :cool:

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hell yeah Aluminator would be awesome...just $20k and no headers or PCM or wiring harness or flexplate...but 580hp naturally aspirated and bragging rights for being first, priceless...