4.56 Gears?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a question!

You guys that have change the rear end gears what are you doing about the front diff or did I miss that your changing both front and rear.

My understanding is that you need to have the same ratio in both or you will tear the truck apart in 4x4.

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So has any one got the 4.56 master kits for sale
yet ?

We have the master install kits available, they only work for 2010 models though. Once, the newer stuff is available we will have it available to you guys as well.

Do you need to reflash ur ecu after installing 4.88 or 4.56 gear kits ?

The only thing you will need to adjust for is speedometer and odometer. So, if you have a tuner like superchips or the SCT tuners, you can adjust for tire size and gear changes.

I have a question!

You guys that have change the rear end gears what are you doing about the front diff or did I miss that your changing both front and rear.

My understanding is that you need to have the same ratio in both or you will tear the truck apart in 4x4.

Yes, it is highly recommended to keep the axle ratios as close as possible. For the Raptor axles, there are both 4.56 and 4.88 gears available for the front and rear axles. However, on some rockcrawler stuff where guys run a GM 14 Bolt in the rear of the buggy and a Dana 60 up front they may have 4.88 and 4.89 gear ratios. This set up will work fine for them because the difference is so miniscule.

*jrwiii*

Reaction score
Just wanted to let you all know that you can install 4.56 gears in the 2011 and newer axles. Attached is a pic of 4.56 gears I put in a 2012 rear axle last week.

Attachments

• 2012 4.56 Install.jpg
    2012 4.56 Install.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 132