2020 camera recall..Are you sure they did it right?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't have the 360 view, but my camera after the recall is noticeably better than before. Better color saturation and crisper. The original camera was lame. I don't know whether they upgraded the camera or what, but it's now acceptable.

How do you manage the Starbucks drive thru brother?

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How do you manage the Starbucks drive thru brother?

I learned, partly by Braille, where my tires are and how far my truck sticks out in various places. Now I don’t think about it in drive throughs. But I don’t like Starbucks, their coffee tastes burnt. If I’m stuck with one when traveling, I have to get sugar and flavoring to hide the taste.

RaptorRnr

Reaction score
My 2017 front camera has gone black/inverted. Sometimes it's full green, sometimes it's full blue. It started happening after I used the button to turn it on in a parking lot. Every so often it comes back. I wonder if this would fix it.

What are the steps?

In perusing the forums Ford may not offer Sync updates (which also adds software for the camera) for older trucks. Try navigating settings to software update, when connected to a nearby WiFi. I think the current version is 3.4, if your head unit can run that version. If not, check with your local dealer service department.

JoeSC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In perusing the forums Ford may not offer Sync updates (which also adds software for the camera) for older trucks. Try navigating settings to software update, when connected to a nearby WiFi. I think the current version is 3.4, if your head unit can run that version. If not, check with your local dealer service department.

I have it set to update. I looked through the other day for a minute, but I’ll have to take a closer look. Thanks.