2020 camera recall..Are you sure they did it right?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dancam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never had a 360 camera system on a car before and I didn’t pay much attention on how the surroundings are displayed after I did the camera recall ( 1 week after I got the truck). Today someone asked in a group chat if the camera display looks right after he took the car from the dealer ( pic looked exactly like what my cam would show). He was told the camera doesnt look right and another user posted a true 360 pic. I’m attaching pictures of my camera view and the other truck camera view to understand better what I’m talking.
A Ford technician pitched in and said , this is usually happening when cameras are installed but the tech doesn’t do a full LIN initialization to link the rear and front camera.

He also attached instructions on how to do it. I’m attaching a pic showing LIN initialization steps.

Hopefully this helps others as well. BTW my dealer just messaged me back and asked me to come in ASAPlinintialization.jpg mycamera.jpg notmycamera.jpg

Last edited:

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't have the 360 view, but my camera after the recall is noticeably better than before. Better color saturation and crisper. The original camera was lame. I don't know whether they upgraded the camera or what, but it's now acceptable.

OP
OP
D

Dancam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have the 360 view, but my camera after the recall is noticeably better than before. Better color saturation and crisper. The original camera was lame. I don't know whether they upgraded the camera or what, but it's now acceptable.
They did it wrong then. Go back..you should have 360. They havent done "LIN initialization"

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They did it wrong then. Go back..you should have 360. They havent done "LIN initialization"

No, I didn't buy the 802a or add the 360 option to my 801a, so I don't have it. The only time I wish I had a front camera is when I crest a steep hill on a jeep road and can't see over the hood. Otherwise I'm good.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah your front and rear cameras aren’t coming on for the 360 view. That’s definitely not right.

RaptorRnr

Reaction score
I had a similar problem with my 2020 both prior to and after the recall. When I first had it "partially fixed" they replaced one of the cameras and then recalibrated. It worked most of the time but was still intermittent. Then I brought it in for the recall. Except a couple glitches it has been fixed since. If I recall correctly, Ford also did a software update that may have finally put my issues to rest. I haven't had an issue with the cameras (looked identical to your issue) in months. I think I was lucky that the service technician at my local dealer was familiar with it and fixed things under warranty. I hope that helps.

JoeSC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2017 front camera has gone black/inverted. Sometimes it's full green, sometimes it's full blue. It started happening after I used the button to turn it on in a parking lot. Every so often it comes back. I wonder if this would fix it.

What are the steps?