2018 grinding noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

big

Reaction score
The only articles I've seen about this are Raptor specific. Haven't seen any for non-Raptor Eco-Boost F150s, which presumably could have the same problem.

The Raptor engine is different than the standard Eco-Boost 3.5, specifically with respect to the intake and turbos, so perhaps the Raptor version is more susceptible.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
The only articles I've seen about this are Raptor specific. Haven't seen any for non-Raptor Eco-Boost F150s, which presumably could have the same problem.

The Raptor engine is different than the standard Eco-Boost 3.5, specifically with respect to the intake and turbos, so perhaps the Raptor version is more susceptible.
you have to look harder. The difference is the Rap - maybe the Limited(?) have the unique transfer case with AWD (4A) that you can easily select to workaround a low vacuum issue maybe caused by a leak or bad check valve but the IWE system is on the F series trucks.

Sunchild714

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This stupid IWE replacement hose fixed my damn issue that I've been troubleshooting since the summertime! I just happen to read this thread this week and said what the hell, $17 part, let me try. That was it. The sound I was experiencing was more of a slurping sound similar to the one in this guys clip:

Thank you all for posting this info! Now I'm gonna go back to the dealer and try to get my $150 back for a diagnostics test that resulted in "No issue". These dealership techs are F'n stupid not to recognize what is turning out to be a very common problem that is an easy fix.