GEN 2 2017 Raptor with Decked & CargoGlide 1000

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VLOCRPTR

Reaction score
I finally had the time to finish the installation of the CargoGlide 1000 atop my Decked setup this weekend.

The Decked setup really make water resistant storage of gear (especially in the bins) easy and the family digs it.

My goal was to add convenience for my wife/kids to be able to get the Swag bins in and out of the bed of the truck while camping as well as access the ARB Elements refrigerator more reasonably.

I customized the CargoGlide by ordering the all aluminum unit (vs. plywood deck) and had them powdercoat it black. Turned out pretty slick.

The installation went fairly smoothly -- there are a couple of gotchas, so if you're thinking of doing this, here's what I did/found. NOW, YMMW because my bed has LineX spray and the tolerances may not be exact from truck to truck.

1) I ordered from Leonard and theirs was the only online vendor who actually made the accessory options available and they did a great job of answer my questions. They accomodated all of my options directly online.

2) Decked has a set of install instructions for these two components on their website...now each kit is different given the options and they didn't use a Raptor as the example, but it was close.

3) What shipped with the CG unit in terms of instructions were outdated/older than what was on the Decked site, including the hardware -- they didn't include sealing washers as Decked recommended.

4) You have to deinstall the Decked system first if it's not already out to chisel out some of the HDPE for bolt clearance toward the cab. The midline doesn't require it. I did have a drill bit break and one of my holes become less than "optimal" but I recovered gracefully :)

5) The suggested 2" 5/16" bolts (that they specify) are NOT long enough to go through the frame and into the Decked to pass through the steel tube [sqare] to accomodate enough thread for the sealing washer and the bolt. 2.25" would be perfect, but I couldn't find those in any stainless hardware store I visited, so I opted for 2.5"

6) I did have an interference fit issue on ONE of the Decked drawers, but I filed down a small divot at the end of the unit (like a 1/8" groove that won't compromise sealing) and the drawers closed perfectly

7) I had to redrill/enlarge the CG midline mounting holes in the frame as shipped as it didn't align properly with the steel tubing in the Decked...I aligned first (per instructions) with the cab tubing line and that sets the orientation. It was perhaps 1/8" off, so I essentially just made a "bowler hat" shape and added a larger washer below the 5/16" unit to account for clamping force misses given the larger hole underneath.

8) Interestingly, when we finally got the frame mounted and installed the deck itself, the very rear of the deck/slider contacted the rear of the cab without completely locking the deck...by a REALLY small margin...I might drill out the hole on the side of the deck by 1/8" for the release pin to fit properly, but I suspect it might be the LineX liner that is causing that issue...or just a tolerance issue...I just didn't want the deck sliding back and forth and hammering the cabside of the bed for some reason...

I made it work by...

9) I removed the last carriage bolt on each side in the deck and bought two eyelet bolts, and just strapped those to the back of the stock cabside mounting hooks for storage. The ratchets are good for 3000 pounds, and I've brake checked and accelerated at full bore...I'm not worried as the thing normally is secured by the single retaining pin on the driver's side.

All one has to do to slide it out past the first detent is loosen the straps and the rest of the operation including the other 3 stops work great.

10) it weighs about 200 pounds which is something I am not thrilled about, but my truck isn't a jumper like many of yours...looks like I'm going to need a custom set of Deavers any way above the HD because my rear has about 500 pounds+ in it at this point and the rear is sitting about 1" lower than the front with the RPG adjustable perches -- maybe I'll just lower the front :)

At any rate, here's some pictures, including my wife's legs as SHE tunnel ratted her way up to the front of the cab in the Decked tunnels upon reinstallation to fasten the frame as I held the top bolt head and she installed the hardware from below. Not a job for the claustrophobic!

I've got tie downs and other stuff to arrange as well as plotting out the optimal storage configuration.

It's all removable so if I get tired of it, I can change it.

Lemme know if I can answer any questions for you.

/Hoff

IMG_5647.JPG

IMG_5649.JPG

IMG_5654.JPG

OP
OP
VLOCRPTR

VLOCRPTR

Reaction score
Cool! While not my cup of tea, I can totally see how those are awesome vehicles matched to use cases which are different than mine.

You’ll note any sentiment of judgement — no dancing poop or references to Sanford.

...the reason for such is that automobiles are inherently subjective.

You might think my Porsches are ugly or my motorcycles look like crap.

Good thing is...I didn’t buy em for you :)