2017 Raptor Twin Panel Moonroof or Not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chi_weezy

Reaction score
I'll almost never use it. But I think it looks awesome, it'll prob add some resale, and **** it go big or go home

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Every girl I have taken for a ride loves the moonroof more than anything else... that being said get it.

chi_weezy

Reaction score
I opted for it even though I'll never use it. Hoping it doesn't rattle or leak. Looks pretty cool. Just went and sat in a couple screws at the dealer that had it. I also like having glass on top because it seems to hold up pretty well. My Ram has tons of dents on the roof. And the sunroof on my Evo always looked perfect. Less area for dents is another good reason to opt for it

Raptor81

Reaction score
I personally like driving with the windows down whenever possible, and a sunroof (aka moonroof) is an added bonus. If your an AC in all weather kind of guy it's money not well spent. Also, my kids love it if that matters at all.

rock342

Reaction score
it's an amazing roof - ford are putting these is a bunch of vehicles now and they make a huge difference to the feeling of space... if you've already committed to a $60k+ truck, why would you stop short?

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's an amazing roof - ford are putting these is a bunch of vehicles now and they make a huge difference to the feeling of space... if you've already committed to a $60k+ truck, why would you stop short?

I love it, but over time, it will lead to more problems than it is worth

Go check the 2015 F150 forums with the number of pages where creaks and rattles are popping up

Even worse if you off road or jump her at all

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love it, but over time, it will lead to more problems than it is worth

Go check the 2015 F150 forums with the number of pages where creaks and rattles are popping up

Even worse if you off road or jump her at all

i didn't want the moonroof just cause i intended to off road more with the raptor. i didn't want it on my 14 4x4 either. just not a moonroof kind of guy i guess.

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i didn't want the moonroof just cause i intended to off road more with the raptor. i didn't want it on my 14 4x4 either. just not a moonroof kind of guy i guess.

Agreed. I've opened the roof on my raptor once in the 4.5 years I've owned it, and that was during the test drive to make sure it worked.

I'd rather spend that $1200 option on wheels or a bumper. Something more useful to me.

Hayabusa

Reaction score
No, no, no...goes against everything this truck is about! Blasphemy!!!

Damn, I just had to order it on the SCrew. Forgive me, y'all.

Oh, and da ladies do love a big sunroof!!!

MAXTRAX

Reaction score
I didn't want it, but I found a truck spec'd perfectly down the road at MSRP, so I went with it.

I live in the mountains and I actually like having it open now because you can see the peaks and you don't have to hang out the window for a view.

It's also nice to get more light into the cabin on cloudy days.