2017 Raptor Twin Panel Moonroof or Not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

georgesr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got it on mine although that is the way it came. I did not order mine the dealer called me and said to come look at the new 18's that they just got in so I had to take what they had. I love mine though. I don't open the glass much but we love the openness of the cab with it.

thinkrevolutionx

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was given pause after reading some peoples opinions / experiences here. I ended up unsure but went for it on my 2018 because I wanted "every option"

I have to say, i'm more then pleased. As others have stated, it makes the truck feel bigger and more open, lets in non obnoxious natural light, and for summer cruising it just feels awesome. Have had zero issues with it and have no regret at all.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don’t have a moon roof but I’ve found moonroof open and back window slid open makes for a nice breeze through the vehicle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ordered mine without. My 2012 had the factory moonroof and I opened it just one time to see if it worked. I preferred to spend the money on something else like Methods or a bumper.

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I've had the twin panel moon roof on my last two F-150's and never an issue. I really enjoy having the panoramic view and actually open it several times a month. With the roof open, windows up and the rear slider cracked, great airflow through the cabin.

bigzaj

Reaction score
I love mine, be careful with tint. I tinted it at 30% and it is too dark, going to redo with something like 70% ... really opens up the cab.

datnut

Reaction score
I've had mine for 12 months and although I love the twin panel moon roof, I've had repeated water intrusion issues. In fact, I have to pick mine up from the dealership tomorrow after having the second replacement installed. My next truck will most likely not have one.

Fusco0520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had mine for 12 months and although I love the twin panel moon roof, I've had repeated water intrusion issues. In fact, I have to pick mine up from the dealership tomorrow after having the second replacement installed. My next truck will most likely not have one.

I’m also on my second moon roof. If I could go back I would never get one again. Leaks all the damn time. Makes noise. And sticks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bought 3 other vehicle that came with a sun/moon roof...all had some sort of issue AND I never use or like them....one reason I ordered a truck with just what I wanted and nothing I didn't...for others a sun/moon roof might be awesome for them...