2017 motor trashed oil related ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Ford is going to take care of it with a new motor, Nice not to have to fight for everything when things go bad, they have won my business,
I have logged 220k combined miles in a 2011 and 2017 raptors never had one thing go wrong till now. been waiting for my new 22 for 6 months now looks like it will be a 23 before i get it. Best truck going...
That's awesome. I definitely thought it was going to be more of an uphill battle for you. Glad it was quickly in your favor.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I think they saw the writing on the wall here and kudos for cooler heads prevailing.

best wishes for a prompt repair, done right.

paultallwall

Reaction score
THIS scares the crap out of me as my truck goes in for cam phaser surgery Thursday
I had my phasers done 3 months ago at 73k on my 2018 and since then I have had nothing but coolant leaks and cracked valve covers since culminating in a new water pump last week. Thank god I bought it with a Carmax warranty.

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly. whether you think this cam phaser plague (recall issued) is acceptable or not, it still really sucks because the crappy fordtech's just never get these back together properly. Thus, why owning an ecoboost is just not that great compared to other engine options ford has. There are more reliable choices...

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Exactly. whether you think this cam phaser plague (recall issued) is acceptable or not, it still really sucks because the crappy fordtech's just never get these back together properly. Thus, why owning an ecoboost is just not that great compared to other engine options ford has. There are more reliable choices...
What a surprise, the Sasquatch is in an EcoBoost thread running his mouth again!

There have been thousands of these trucks property repaired by trained and certified dealer techs without an issue. Your claims are baseless, as usual you’re using a one off experience as your personal podium to fear monger and spread misinformation. As always, you’re a pathetic troll.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I thought the new ‘squatch got banned. It’s time.
Your claims are baseless, as usual you’re using a one off experience as your personal podium to fear monger and spread misinformation.
A point of correction: You’re assuming facts that are not established here. This user doesn’t have a 4 wheeled vehicle, much less a Ford.