2014 Ruby Red SE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
These are niche vehicles and still carry a high demand.
I personally wouldn't pay 49k but if someone wanted a damn near new/low mileage Gen 1(14 SE RR to boot) then it becomes a waiting game to see who blinks first.
IIRC some real low miles have sold for MSRP prices during the COVID years.

Add in inflation and the pricing for new trucks in general, used trucks values really haven't dropped-hell it's the opposite if they have low miles.

wjoutlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not ashamed to admit I paid $60k in September 2021 for my 2014 with 21,870 miles on it. It was my grail truck and I jumped on it. Probably should have passed on it, but I haven't seen another one come up for sale in my area in this good of shape and such low miles. The previous owner kept really good care of it. I doubt it ever saw a dirt road. I use the hell out of mine and love every minute of it.

No RAGRETS, know whaimsayin' dawg.

stevenstommyboy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I passed on the 2014 Screw with 15k miles. However, I did purchase the very same truck 2014 Ruby Red SE in a super cab with 50k miles. I also have a 2019 screw. I really like the old school V8. The scab turning radius is nice. I might be selling my Gen 2!
Congrats on a nice truck. What was the difference in price for the 2?

OP
OP
P

pigpen5479

Reaction score
Both trucks were 2014 Ruby Red SEs

No rust and both trucks were super clean. If I see rust I walk away. Happy to pay up for low miles and no rust.

Screw - 15k miles 49k
Scab - 51k 40k

Was a toss up for me as far as the math was concerned. I wanted to go scab just for fun and I don’t need the space. I already have a 2019 screw. I hope this helps!

Last edited:

V1ROTATE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
finding the right gen 1 can be difficult these days as they age. I wasn’t afraid to spend a little more for the right example, but I got lucky and got a very fair price on my 12 screw with 22k miles. Happy you found the truck you were looking for. Many dealers won’t budge on these, even used.

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Both trucks were 2014 Ruby Red SEs

No rust and both trucks were super clean. If I see rust I walk away. Happy to pay up for low miles and no rust.

Screw - 15k miles 49k
Scab - 51k 40k

Was a toss up for me as far as the math was concerned. I wanted to go scab just for fun and I don’t need the space. I already have a 2019 screw. I hope this helps!
I don't think you would have gone wrong either way. I do think you will really appreciate the scab and it's turning radius and looks. :)