2014 Raptor Dead, No Power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With those symptoms, first step try new battery. They can develop an internal open and never have other signs. Been there with a different vehicle and it kicked my ass... Felt real dumb when the dealer signed it off with installing a new batt. It could not even be jump started with the bad batt in place.
Good luck.

AbnMP13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, borrow a battery from your spouses car or something and try with it. Remove the old one totally.

2014 Terrain SuperCrew
Vortex Mud Guards ~ Husky Floor Liners ~ Rigid Dually Flushmounts ~ Rigid Dually Clear & Amber Fogs ~ Recon Smoked Mirror Lights ~ Bakflip FiberMax & BakBox ~ SVC Tune ~ Rigid 20" E2 Series - Combo ~ Mid Perch ~ Underhood & Bedlights by Noah

OP
OP
Spritle

Spritle

Reaction score
Got to it with some tools and a new battery this morning. Disconnected it and started to chase wires to check for a loose ground. Didn't find anything, meter showed 12.8 across the terminals and the indicator was still green. Hooked the old one back up for giggles and everything worked.

I've heard of PCM's needing, for lack of a better term, reboot but not the entire electronics. Figured a light would come on or something.

Took it by a Ford service department, but of course they were useless. Weird issue, but thanks for the comments fella's.

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Even if the stealership didn't find anything this time, it's good you brought it in so that the complaint/issue is logged. That way you have a history if the same issue happens out of warranty and they are able to find the root cause. Typically then they'll work with you to get warranty coverage since the issue happened first under warranty.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can't help but wonder whether this might have been caused by an electronic attempt to break into your truck.