2012 or 2017 raptor decisions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
500 pounds lighter and it will produce more HP and torque. Imagine if the current Raptor was 500 pounds lighter with the 6.2.

I am sorry but the 2017 will out perform the current Raptor.

BTW I own a 2013 and plan to to keep it when I purchase my 2017.

Last edited:

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It may, and prolly should, as Ford knows what it has to do to make that happen. I doubt I will go head to head with a 2017 daily in performance, and if I do it may win by a slight margin. However, it is all speculation. One thing is for sure, you will listen to that damn ecoboost every time you mash the gas, kinda like kids in these imports with loud, sorry sounding exhaust thinking it is a Hot Rod. Personally I like Big motors to make big horsepower. Different strokes for different folks, but I am sure the Gen 2 will be a great Raptor.

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

My mistake, same here, no desire to sell my 13. I am proud of the fact all my vehicles are gas guzzlers!

I agree!!! Truck is a 6.2L. Boat is a 496. Party Barge is a supercharged 300. I hardly ever pass a gas pump in anything without stopping!!:ROFLJest::crazy::ROFLJest:

colticus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ecoboost is an amazing motor and the turbo "whistle" is awesome.

I prefer it to the sound of a 6.2 that can't get out of its own way.

colticus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh boy.....

Hopefully not another shit slinging V6TT fan-boy on board........

Wat-Meme-Tumblr-04.jpg

colticus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LMAO!

Talking about the 6.2L not being able to get out of it's own way. You must have a tired engine in your ride, cause mine hauls ass!!!

Its not bad for a heavy ass truck. It will be even faster with a better motor in it.
The torque curve for the ecoboost is awesome.

My f150 Tremor was a blast to drive with the ecoboost.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The ecoboost is an amazing motor and the turbo "whistle" is awesome.

I prefer it to the sound of a 6.2 that can't get out of its own way.

Saw on another thread where you say you were looking at a 5.4. Just curious, how would you retrofit the obnoxious "whistle" in it? LOL:ROFLJest::ROFLJest:

colticus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saw on another thread where you say you were looking at a 5.4. Just curious, how would you retrofit the obnoxious "whistle" in it? LOL:ROFLJest::ROFLJest:

Link to where I said I was looking for a 5.4?
I would like to see where I said that, Especially since I already own a 6.2