2012 job 1s no nav?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Personally, Im not sure what the alure with the NAV option is.

Its friggen $2k!!!

For $100 I can buy a color Magellan touch screen GPS, which is mobile, and you get free internet upgrades for 3 years.

Not even close to the same comparison. There are a ton of additional features other than destination navigation. Worth 2k? For me it definitely was. For others, maybe not. But, to compare the Ford navigation unit with a magellan portable gps unit is not fair.

My .02

chockada

Reaction score
Can that Nav be added after the fact or is it just easier to put a Pioneer AVIC in?

I didn't want to wait so I have the truck I wanted with everything except the NAV and planned on adding at a later date, like tomorrow if it can be had.

linexsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally, Im not sure what the alure with the NAV option is.

Its friggen $2k!!!

For $100 I can buy a color Magellan touch screen GPS, which is mobile, and you get free internet upgrades for 3 years.

this is like comparing a drop in bedliner to a spray in bedliner, or a tarp to a bedcover. similar uses, but waaay different products.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not even close to the same comparison. There are a ton of additional features other than destination navigation. Worth 2k? For me it definitely was. For others, maybe not. But, to compare the Ford navigation unit with a magellan portable gps unit is not fair.

My .02

I hear ya and to each his own, but I would be interested to know what the "ton of additional features" the extra $1,900 gives you that the combination of a Magellan and a smart phone with the Sync feature wont cover....:peace:

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Word on the NAV definitely BEING WORTH THE MONEY.

Not only does it give you Navigation and a much more ATTRACTIVE space to look at rather than buttons and knobs and switches and stuff... PLUS, you can use the JukeBox 10 GB hard drive, you can save artists and songs and be alerted as to when they're playing, you can look at weather, live weather maps and much more!

CaptShrek

Reaction score
I hear ya and to each his own, but I would be interested to know what the "ton of additional features" the extra $1,900 gives you that the combination of a Magellan and a smart phone with the Sync feature wont cover....:peace:

I'm not sure what you can get with a magellan, but I know some of the cool things with the nav are a hard drive for downloading your music onto, sirius travel link with radar, movie listings, sports scores, traffic reports if you're in a big city. I know that's not everything and maybe not worth the $1,900, but it's still nice to have it in the "dash" and not in your "hand".

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
dont forget the dvd playback, having your back up cam on a 7" color screen instead of a B&W 2" on your mirror and with lockpick or nav-tv can hook up game systems or tv antenna to it aswell.

i wasnt a believer in it either till i got my hands on it. its definatly worth it if you ask me.

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
dont forget the dvd playback, having your back up cam on a 7" color screen instead of a B&W 2" on your mirror and with lockpick or nav-tv can hook up game systems or tv antenna to it aswell.

i wasnt a believer in it either till i got my hands on it. its definatly worth it if you ask me.

All that everyone has mentioned plus some. The travelLink features alone make it worth it for me. I avoided a KILLER hail storm just west of Hayes, KS recently because of the real-time weather maps with severe weather warnings.

Plus, to see my kids faces when they get in my truck and see a new picture of them on that screen is priceless for me. :peace: