2011 SCREW with unfortunate water in the engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98infinity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I blew my engine with water intake I went though insurance they covered it only cost to me was 900$

OP
OP
Beallen25

Beallen25

Reaction score
Sorry I have been a little delinquent on this thread! So yes, since it was a flooded out county road and not some goofy off roading incident my insurance covered the repairs. Got a reman FoMoCo long block installed from the Ford dealer here in Franklin TN, and since I keep excessive insurance coverage on everything it cost me $500 out of pocket.

Positive in that regard, but to dealer jacked a few things up:
  1. Broken harness clip mounts on the top of the rad core and several places where the harness pia clips were not secured. Not the end of the world fixed it all except the broken bits in about 30 minutes
  2. Driver side fender liner was not secured AT ALL! Came half way out driving it down the interstate. SO F'ing annoying! I put clips in it myself and went on about my business
  3. Here is the kicker! When they reassembled the brake calipers they put both inboard pads on the drive side and both out board pads on the passenger side... THEY ARE NOT SYMMETRICAL!!!!!!! THIS IS DAY ONE MECHANIC STUFF MAN!!!!! So the driver side caliper bound up and went through a set of pads and a rotor after about 1000miles. I fixed it all myself because I obviously can't trust Ford of Franklin, and I haven't been back to the dealer service center because I can have a bit of a temper and I want to be able to discuss it with them in a calm level headed manner. Think I am going to plan to go back up there maybe Friday and sit down with the service manager.

Long story short, I ended up with a reman long block, probably terrible for the resale value but I don't plan on getting rid of the truck anytime in the foreseeable future so the situation ended up OK for me in the long run.