2-50's ?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Read that Baja Designs will also have their radius light on display at the Expo in a few weeks.

From the few people I know that have run both the Rigid and BD on-x light's have said Rigid looks like a cheap Chinese knock off compared to the Baja Design light. So for the $ it sounds like Baja Design's is your best buy.

One down side that I was told about with the radius LED's is that it doesn't throw light nearly as far as a standard bar

Don't know why you're bagging on Rigid Industries lights but I can tell you your last comment is completely wrong.

Rigid Industries' all-new RDS (Radius) Series light bar's output is superior to anything Rigid Industries has on the market now. And they set the standard for light output.

By the way guys, power consumption is not the way to compare lights in terms of more power is better - it's not. And comparing lumens isn't useful. The number to compare is LUX.

LUX don't lie.

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
Don't know why you're bagging on Rigid Industries lights but I can tell you your last comment is completely wrong.

Rigid Industries' all-new RDS (Radius) Series light bar's output is superior to anything Rigid Industries has on the market now. And they set the standard for light output.
I'm not bagging on Rigid, I have a bunch of them and will add more if/when my radius bar comes in after SEMA!

Im curious how YOU know about the output of the RDS? Have you personally built or tested these lights yourself.....
There are very few radius bars out right now and a friend who has been in 2 trophy trucks at speed has personally told me himself that they don't throw nearly as far as a flat bar.

Also a Baja Design employee has also said that their new radius bar doesn't throw as far. So I'm gonna go off what the professionals are saying over what you think

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not bagging on Rigid, I have a bunch of them and will add more if/when my radius bar comes in after SEMA!

Im curious how YOU know about the output of the RDS? Have you personally built or tested these lights yourself.....

There are very few radius bars out right now and a friend who has been in 2 trophy trucks at speed has personally told me himself that they don't throw nearly as far as a flat bar.

Also a Baja Design employee has also said that their new radius bar doesn't throw as far. So I'm gonna go off what the professionals are saying over what you think

Has friend #1 been in a trophy truck with the Rigid RDS (Radius) Series Lightbar on it? Has he seen the test results or is it trophy truck seat-of-the-pants "impressions?"

And friend #2 is a Baja Design employee so what do you expect him to say?!

Here's what I've learned from "my" friend at Rigid Industries:

I found out that Rigid Industries has developed a new optic, what they call their HYPERSPOT, and they've used it in a 2 x 2 pattern for their Dually product line.

And this new HYPERSPOT optic is being used in their all-new RDS (Radius) series light bar (curved light bar).

The HYPERSPOT optic is shooting light down range in a big way. Their HYPERSPOT optic is putting out light that's about 40-50% greater LUX readings than their standard spot.

And the light output on their RDS (Radius) series light bar is superior to anything Rigid Industries has. And they're tested the products and measured their output.

Make sure you tell that to your friends
:yawn:

Here's a pic of the HYPERSPOT optics on the newest 2 x 2 Dually using this design:

attachment.php

Last edited:

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
I could care less what the LUX are on any light, all that matters is how they look to the naked eye at speed! That like saying company "X"s front end cycles 19" on a computer, but when everything is mounted and cycled it only gets 15", at that point your computer means jack shit to me because in the real world the only # that matters is what is useable.
When an employee say that the lights don't throw as far, I'm gonna believe him over what a press release says

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I could care less what the LUX are on any light, all that matters is how they look to the naked eye at speed! That like saying company "X"s front end cycles 19" on a computer, but when everything is mounted and cycled it only gets 15", at that point your computer means jack shit to me because in the real world the only # that matters is what is useable.
When an employee say that the lights don't throw as far, I'm gonna believe him over what a press release says

OK, so you don't care "what the LUX are on any light."

So you don't care about how much travel is on a suspension or how much HP or TQ a motor is putting out?

Oh, that's right, you only care about "what is usable."

When a Baja Design (a competitor's) employee says the Rigid lights don't throw as far you're "gonna believe him" not what the company (Rigid), whose reputation is based on putting out industry-leading product and accurate product specs says. Seriously?

Specs DO matter and LUX DON'T lie when it comes to lighting performance.

Last edited:

Banned
Reaction score
so the current rigid bars are better than the current Baja Designs bars?

ive seen both. i beg to differ.

is rigid paying you dan? sure seems like it.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
so the current rigid bars are better than the current Baja Designs bars?

ive seen both. i beg to differ.

is rigid paying you dan? sure seems like it.

Hey you basement-dwelling Canatard, no one is paying me to provide factual information and tell the truth.

Call upstairs and ask your parents to let you out of the basement.

How many LED lights you got on your Ford StRanger?

Last edited:

Banned
Reaction score
im just relaying what ive seen with my own eyes.
now what the box says in terms of output.

but hey, you keep up the great rigid ad spamming

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
All that matters is what's useable. PERIOD

My rear end cycles 21" metal to metal, but I've never told anyone that # cause it's truely only using 17 3/4. so when people ask travel #'s I tell them 17 3/4 at the hub

I think you misunderstood what I was saying about the employee, he was taking about his own company light, not the competition

Last edited: