'18 B&O Center Speaker Close Up Pic...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was an option. I think it was around $450

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
It was an option. I think it was around $450

802A ’17 has a Sony sub in an enclosure. There is a Kicker sub option with dedicated amp.

I presume B&O maintains the stock sub and enclosure. @nah_tan and @Guy and I all took similar paths in upgrading the stock 802A stereo for under $600.

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No shit. Where is it? Didn't even know I had it.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No kicker sub in 802a packages. Just 801 (as an option). Maybe 800 too?

Someone said there was too much current draw with the Kicker sub and the 802 package to work with the engine's stop-and-start "feature".

Judd McPherson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That center channel looks like as much of an afterthought as the screen that's too small for its bezel. For a $35k truck, ya, acceptable. For a $70k truck? Absolutely unacceptable.

It cracks me up that people think that a speaker enclosure that was clearly designed to stick up a little is "absolutely unacceptable in a $70,000.00 truck". Like the dash should be perfectly flat in such an elite vehicle. I'm guessing that the little tray in front of it is also not up to the standards of our fine chariots?

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It cracks me up that people think that a speaker enclosure that was clearly designed to stick up a little is "absolutely unacceptable in a $70,000.00 truck". Like the dash should be perfectly flat in such an elite vehicle. I'm guessing that the little tray in front of it is also not up to the standards of our fine chariots?

By "clearly designed" do you mean the new B&O speaker has a bigger magnet and they had to raise it to keep it from hitting something inside the dash because that was the easiest and cheapest solution? Then yes, I suppose that is unacceptable. Not because this is an elite vehicle, but because that's just poor planning. If you think that it was "clearly designed" to improve the sound of the speaker, then your delusional. There isn't that much engineering in the sound systems in these trucks.