100 mph

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not to nitpick but while the 315/70R17 is S rated, floatation sizes like 35x12.50 or 37x12.50 are not S rated. They are R rated for 106MPH. I have yet to see a floatation size tire with a speed rating over 106MPH. I believe this has to do with differences in the construction. So @oxfordraptor is still technically correct.

Lol. Bottom line...look at the speed rating on the actual tires you're running to determine the speed rating. People call the LT315 tires 35's all the time even though they aren't technically.

CROOKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not impressed

IMG_4099.jpg

What kind of guy buys used raptors? Did yours even start today? It was raining but I got 12 hours. Whats will call? I never seen that in our contract. You scabby mother ******

machtig

Reaction score
I'll post it again. The BFGoodrich Baja T/A is rated to 124mph. Heat is part of the problem with high speeds, but centrifugal forces are a bigger factor, especially with the weight of these tires. The guy that posted the photo of him exceeding 120mph is not smart. You lose a tire at that speed in a Raptor and you're done. Closed casket funeral.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

I'll post it again. The BFGoodrich Baja T/A is rated to 124mph. Heat is part of the problem with high speeds, but centrifugal forces are a bigger factor, especially with the weight of these tires. The guy that posted the photo of him exceeding 120mph is a ******* moron. You lose a tire at that speed in a Raptor and you're done. Closed casket funeral.

You are a moron for saying shit, 2 poster troll. Shit is over rated. Tires don't explode immediately when they go over the speed rating. People really need to Google how the ratings are done. Seen that number hit before even on a lake bed. Besides, loosing a tire at that speed in practically any vehicle regardless if a Raptor would never be a good thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

machtig

Reaction score
You are a moron for saying shit, 2 poster troll. Shit is over rated. Tires don't explode immediately when they go over the speed rating. People really need to Google how the ratings are done. Seen that number hit before even on a lake bed. Besides, loosing a tire at that speed in practically any vehicle regardless if a Raptor would never be a good thing.

No one said they come apart immediately. Taking some shitbox large truck tire to 130 mph is not smart. Period. If you wanna go fast, throw on a set of BFG Bajas and knock yourself out.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

Eat a ****. No one said they come apart immediately. Taking some shitbox large truck tire to 130 mph is not smart. Period. If you wanna go fast, throw on a set of BFG Bajas and knock yourself out.

troll-on-forum-like-a-boss.jpg

Crikk

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score

Thanks RD, calls me a moron and says some dumb shit like that! Kinda surprised he didn't want to lecture me about how unsafe it is to take pictures while driving a 7000lbs truck with mud tires at 132mph! HAHAHAHA!

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
what kind of tires u running on that gen1 ? gen2 can obviously go 140+ just dont have any tires that can handle it yet on a 17-18" wheel or off road tire.. govener can be disabled just no tires to support it yet.

I spoke to a few guys with s/c 6.2s that spent time at 140 plus with no problems. I made it to 125 and stayed there just long enough to video it. The road was straight and smooth and things were fine. BUT !!! the disaster factor is huge , if one of those tires starts to let go things are gonna get bad , real bad.