100 mph

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's fine to exceed the speed rating for short periods of time. Sustaining a speed over the speed rating will cause the tires to get too hot.

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk

Kieth

Reaction score
Just remember, that going faster in a Raptor, or other truck, is vastly different than going faster in a mustang or other car. The truck will be top heavy and curves, even small/light ones, can send you flipping at high speeds. While the Raptor can go fast it is not a racing truck. You would need to lower it significantly in order to SAFELY go as fast as other cars.

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@oxfordraptor I have a Gen 1, but I'm fairly certain the same BFG KO2 tires work for both. Mine are S-rated...which means 112 mph. Tires are not the only factor. Driveshafts are balanced and rated up to a particular rotational speed as well. As far as vehicle speed, the entire driveline needs to be considered. I do agree that speeds above the factory governed speed are fine for short durations as dictated by the driving conditions.

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just remember, that going faster in a Raptor, or other truck, is vastly different than going faster in a mustang or other car. The truck will be top heavy and curves, even small/light ones, can send you flipping at high speeds. While the Raptor can go fast it is not a racing truck. You would need to lower it significantly in order to SAFELY go as fast as other cars.
ya. i figure when i do this to the gen2 i will be fine going 150+.. is that low enough :mwah1:

Attachments

• IMG_0045.JPG
    IMG_0045.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 51

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
or can go even lower :crazy:

Attachments

• IMG_0034.JPG
    IMG_0034.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 58

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@oxfordraptor I have a Gen 1, but I'm fairly certain the same BFG KO2 tires work for both. Mine are S-rated...which means 112 mph. Tires are not the only factor. Driveshafts are balanced and rated up to a particular rotational speed as well. As far as vehicle speed, the entire driveline needs to be considered. I do agree that speeds above the factory governed speed are fine for short durations as dictated by the driving conditions.

I'm with you, my point being that few tires are rated for that speed and even then you're at the top of the speed rating and yes other factors are involved as well.

pillowsoft

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Exactly what I was thinking!

I have a M5 and around 100 the car hunkers down and become more stable I've comfortable cruised at 130mph for extended periods of time and its like do 60mph in other cars.

The raptor like to float, I've notice it gets lighter around 100 mph and I would assume it get lighter due to aerodynamics , just remember the lighter the truck feels the less grip you might have. Ive hit the limiter in my truck already but I don't feel like it would be wise to go much faster.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Not to nitpick but while the 315/70R17 is S rated, floatation sizes like 35x12.50 or 37x12.50 are not S rated. They are R rated for 106MPH. I have yet to see a floatation size tire with a speed rating over 106MPH. I believe this has to do with differences in the construction. So @oxfordraptor is still technically correct.