a... Toyota Tacoma suspension question..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Egoboost3.5

Reaction score
I know, I am in the wrong forum but here it goes..
I gave up on the dream of buying a Raptor as it would stretch my budget extremely. Instead I am looking in buying a Tacoma TRD Pro once it comes out.
I read that it will come with fox 2.5 racing suspension. Is that the same as the first gen Raptor came with? Also I read I would have to have them rebuild every how often. Will that mean I will be without a vehicle for a few days?Should I buy a second set and rotate between rebuilds?
I just asked the same question on Tacomaworld but I feel that over here you folks have more experience with high performanse suspensions.
Thanks for reading

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
From what I've read they're the same size as the stock SVT Raptor 2010-14. Rebuild mileage really depends on driving habits and off road use. Moderate on road/off road use is roughly 35-50k for rebuilds. If you ask me the money spent on a second set of shocks could be better spent on bumpers, dovetail and lights. Just rent a beater for a couple days while they get rebuilt. 10x cheaper.

OP
OP
Egoboost3.5

Egoboost3.5

Reaction score
any clue how much they cost?

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

Also any speculation of how the ride might be with the lighter Tacoma? I imagine very stiff on pavement, feeling every single crack of the road?

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
any clue how much they cost?

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

Also any speculation of how the ride might be with the lighter Tacoma? I imagine very stiff on pavement, feeling every single crack of the road?

I'm sure they are tuned to the vehicle. The 2.5's on our trucks are phenomenal. As far as rebuilding the shocks, we do the 2.5's. There shouldn't be that much of a difference. We can turn them around in one day (shipping to and from, maybe a week) depending on where you are living. We rebuild the 2.5's for $95.00 per shock. Like mentioned above, save the money on new shocks and spend it elsewhere (or maybe a savings fund to get a Raptor!).

We can also help you with any aftermarket additions you would like to get for the new Toyota!!! Just send me a PM anytime and see what we can do.....

Good luck with your purchase!!!