2014 Screw suspension bounce

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorVA

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have freshly rebuilt Fox 3.0 shocks, Deaver +1 springs, brand new MT Baja Boss 35/12.5/R17 tires on stock wheels, RPG UCA's, and RPG tie rods. Suspension seems really bouncy going down the road. Hit small bumps and seems to bounce quite a bit. Anyone with 3.0's have a good setting for the rears? I am getting a road force balance done on the tires/wheels this coming Tuesday since I have read that these tires can be hard to balance. Otherwise I am at a loss for why so bouncy. Any help is greatly appreciated.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
did you have these shocks on before they were rebuilt, and who did the rebuild?

shouldnt be bouncy even with all the valves and clickers opened up..

check nitrogen charge and hopefully the correct oil was used..

OP
OP
RaptorVA

RaptorVA

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. I have had these shocks on in the past and set them on the shelf when they needed a rebuild. Put the rebuilt OE shocks on until they needed a rebuild and now back to the 3.0's. They were rebuilt by Hammer so pretty sure he has that down. I just checked the psi yesterday after reading a couple posts here and the rear is at 41 and front is 40 so I will adjust that today and see if it helps. I have read 35 front 34 rear is a good setting so will try that and go from there. I bought the D load tires. I have not tried any new settings on the rear shocks after Hammer sent them back. I need to ask him what his initial settings are. Other than that I haven't replaced any bushings on swaybars or anything like that and Truck has 105K. They all look fine with no visible cracking but happy to hear others thoughts on that. Thanks again everyone!

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I have my pressures at 30F/28R.

You will also need to adjust your clicks on the 3.0s. Takes a little to set up, but worth it. Go over the same road and adjust your clicks.

OP
OP
RaptorVA

RaptorVA

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have never ran pressures that low on anything unless I was off road. Interesting setup. In no way knocking it at all I have just never tried that. Do you run with anything in your bed?

OP
OP
RaptorVA

RaptorVA

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hammer sets nitrogen at 200. He puts a sticker on your shocks stating the pressure they are set at.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter