Rear Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wrong Way

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see a lot of people going to mid perch to level the truck is there a way to lower the rear and leave the front alone. I know you loose some up travel going to mid perch, what would the pros and cons be leveling the truck from the rear and leave the front where SVT designed it to be. The front of the truck (suspension) is more prone to costly problems and the rear is old school leafs and shocks. Just thinking out loud.

Banned
Reaction score
for what its worth, i believe SVT did all testing of the raptor on mid perch, and intended that to be where it was set to but had to use lower perch due to bumper height.

so if you're concerned about leaving the front where it is because of that, then no worries going to mid perch.

pther than that i am of absolutely no help :D

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
6.2 - correction. SVT confirmed during the tour that they did the testing on bottom perch. I know that is contrary to what has been stated in the past. Perhaps they are trying to CYA? But regardless they stated that the truck should stay on bottom.

Now everyone knows, mid is much better, and it should be done for anyone that is planning to offroad.

Also, as far as lowering the rear. This is the exact approach RPG went for with the original stage 3 kits. This did not turn out well. As all the original owners of the stage 3 kits are now needing to upgrade to the standard arched rear leaf springs. So, NO - I would not attempt to lower the rear. Bad things can happens (they may even start to call you squatting dog, lol...)

The OP is correct, messing with the front is not advised by SVT. But the truck performs so much better.

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Like Raptizzle said, lowering shackles will be your best bet. I would say the best rear set-up would be a set of Deaver +2" springs and a set of synergy suspension lowering shackles which lower the overall height of the rear by 1" without substantially affecting the rear payload like what Yukon Joe had mentioned.

Both products can be found on our site and I can see the lowering shackles on the shelf from my desk...

F150 SVT Raptor Deaver Rear Replacement Leaf Springs

Synergy Suspension 09-12 Ford F150 / Raptor Leveling Shackle

You don't lose any up travel by changing the perch setting. The only way a suspension can lose travel is if something is binding up like: a ball joint is maxed out, a tie rod is maxed out, or a cv is bound up or if the suspension is limited in a way by the use of bump stops or limit straps. What you are doing when you adjust the perch is you are changing the preload on the spring which in turn changes your ride height.

ktm505sx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is better?
To rise the truck for tall tires to fit well
Or
Stock height for tall tires with wider fenders

OP
OP
Wrong Way

Wrong Way

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Deavers +2 and shackles lowers back end. ( the+2 takes up for the block & shackles do the lowering) correct? Going with aftermarket leafs as I see in that picture they are going to be much softer(progressive) than stock, correct? is sagging common on aftermarket leafs? One more thing, going with the setup mentioned above will it rub on some "flexing" or on small 1-2 foot jumps running the stock 35" tires or the bump stops keep that from happening? Thanks again.

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
6.2 - correction. SVT confirmed during the tour that they did the testing on bottom perch. I know that is contrary to what has been stated in the past. Perhaps they are trying to CYA? But regardless they stated that the truck should stay on bottom.

Now everyone knows, mid is much better, and it should be done for anyone that is planning to offroad.

Also, as far as lowering the rear. This is the exact approach RPG went for with the original stage 3 kits. This did not turn out well. As all the original owners of the stage 3 kits are now needing to upgrade to the standard arched rear leaf springs. So, NO - I would not attempt to lower the rear. Bad things can happens (they may even start to call you squatting dog, lol...)

The OP is correct, messing with the front is not advised by SVT. But the truck performs so much better.
Fox said that said that the truck should be run on the middle perch and that's how it was tested by them. Personally I'd go with what Fox said over anyone at Ford

And if you want to lower the rear take that stupid block out there and put lowering shackles in

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fox said that said that the truck should be run on the middle perch and that's how it was tested by them. Personally I'd go with what Fox said over anyone at Ford

And if you want to lower the rear take that stupid block out there and put lowering shackles in

Thats not what was said. Fox recommended Ford use the mid setting but Ford said no and developed the truck on the lowest setting

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score

Thats not what was said. Fox recommended Ford use the mid setting

Wait, I'm confused, did Fox recommend that Ford use the middle setting or not

When we talked to Fox at SEMA for 45 minutes they were adamant about how to run the shocks and that was in the middle.

Last edited: