Raptor Community - Stock 2.5 shock rebuild exchange program.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
m3dragon

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
no problem. I see him Tues and Fri as we are working on a project car on my only free afternoons. I also help with shocks those days. Sent info to him.

voodoo-chile

Reaction score
Shock rebuild service

What do I need to do to take part in this awesome program? One of my rear shocks (stock 2010) is completely shot & I'm bouncing down the road. It has become amazingly dangerous to drive. When it's wet and there are multiple bumps, especially on concrete, it has swerved so bad that the anti swerve control has had to take over. I desperately need to have my shocks rebuilt. What options are available?

OP
OP
m3dragon

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What do I need to do to take part in this awesome program? One of my rear shocks (stock 2010) is completely shot & I'm bouncing down the road. It has become amazingly dangerous to drive. When it's wet and there are multiple bumps, especially on concrete, it has swerved so bad that the anti swerve control has had to take over. I desperately need to have my shocks rebuilt. What options are available?

Exchange program is 4-6 weeks out as people are slow to send shocks back.

Cheap / fast option is to send your shocks in and they can be rebuilt in 24 hrs.

Fastest is to buy new ones.

Issues like this are going to surface more as trucks get older.

OP
OP
m3dragon

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What's the cost difference between the first two options? The third is not an option I can afford. What options are available in the exchange program?

The cheap fast is sending in your shocks. Issues is shipping there and back which is about 3-4 days and costs about $100 plus.

Exchange is the zero down time but your waiting a month or two. This also means you could be spending more as when shocks wear out the damage other parts that need to be replaced.

You are in a pickle if the shock is dead. Trying to find a used set if you can and then send in your original shocks to be rebuilt.

Hopscotch

Reaction score
You are in a pickle if the shock is dead. Trying to find a used set if you can and then send in your original shocks to be rebuilt.

That's what I'm doing. It'll be faster to find an extra set than wait for the exchange. And I'll have extras if anything ever happens.

OP
OP
m3dragon

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If we had more shocks donated for the exchange program we could move things faster. So as you guys up grade and want to pay it forward it will help.

WE have had 7 sets donated and we used "left over funds" to buy 4 more.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is a tremendous program. I got a call from Paul last week. I think i put myself on the waiting list around november 2016. I am super excited should be getting the new shocks tomorrow Jan 24th will be installing Jan25th and shipping my old shocks back next day. After reading the whole post i truly understand this program that is being run by great guys and benefits the raptor community.

Thank you Paul.