Camber / Caster Kit, Specialty Products Company p/n 86250

Specialty Products Company p/n 86250: Yes or No? Muti-Choice!

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badrap

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't waste your money. A few off road trips and they still kick out of alignment. And yes they were torqued up right.

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You cannot get proper torque on the but with this kit. It forces you to torque the bolt instead of the nut. That's why everyone's moved around at havoc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

This is, from an engineering point of view, a ignorant statement!

JMEPOV (Just my engineering point of view)

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

The problem is that installers/adjusters don't pay attention!
If you don't properly loosen the bolt prior to rotating the cam with the nut you angle the bolt.
The bolt needs to be perpendicular to the adjustment *****.

1stSFG

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The instructions say to torque the cam bolt to 240-260 lb-ft. and "make sure the suspension is loaded before tightening". It may be a good idea to unload and load the suspension several times after the alignment, then re-torque the cam bolts.

I understand that you normally torque the nut. Maybe, this kit would be better, if the offset washer were on the bolt and not the nut?

This should be understood to be essential to,"Reset",the suspension. If it isn't done you have a potential dangerous and damaging "preload" on the suspension.
I learned this the hard way on my camaro. I launched off a joint on the interstate on an overpass and almost caught air. It sent my head into the roof and the tires barked when it sat down. Great catch Joker.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is, from an engineering point of view, a ignorant statement!

JMEPOV (Just my engineering point of view)

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

The problem is that installers/adjusters don't pay attention!
If you don't properly loosen the bolt prior to rotating the cam with the nut you angle the bolt.
The bolt needs to be perpendicular to the adjustment *****.

This is coming from an engineer. By torquing the bolt you have other factors loading the bolt, weight or the vehicle, or if on a lift, the force from the suspension all that effects the torque being applied

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

OP
OP
TheJoker

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How were everyone marking the bolts to see if u went out of align? Any pics?

Because I haven't had the alignment done yet, I don't have any pics. I will post some as soon as I can. Basically, you simply draw a straight line from the offset washer across shoulder plate. Similar to how you would mark bolts... ok here are some ****** pics:

Alignned:a49ef117-7986-4f3f-b70e-56649832a27f_zpsce463e19.jpg

Not:cb06b4a0-52a1-433e-9458-31ce743ba677_zpsb1432e44.jpg

I have a paint pen, which would last a long time. Then, you could remove the line before your next alignment. Then put a new one on after the alignment is complete. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still haven't had time to Install the RPG front Fox coilovers. I bought two of the alignment kits to install at the same time based on what I thought was the consensus of the forum.

Should I bother putting the kits on?