Alignment cams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98infinity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wanting Ford to put in alignment cams into my truck then aligne it. They said 4 hours labour to put in the cams that seems wrong to me. Can anyone comment?

D

Deleted member 12951

I had Firestone install mine and they did charge me as they need to remove the 4 bolts on the LCA's. But 4 hours, an hour a bolt, yeah they are smoking crack.

I would pay no more than an hour if that is their minimum. Take it elsewhere or install them yourself then have Ford align it. But I would be leery of that dealership after hearing that.

Sano Dano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did mine in my driveway, one at a time then drove it to get an alignment.

Took all of 20 minutes.

Last edited:

Dusty Bottoms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wanting Ford to put in alignment cams into my truck then aligne it. They said 4 hours labour to put in the cams that seems wrong to me. Can anyone comment?

Are you getting doublers as well? Regardless, welding the doublers on shouldn't take that long.

I'm getting mine put on today by a local offroad shop. I shall see how much this is.

D

Deleted member 12951

So can you explain how you did it?

Dude, just take the weight off and unscrew each bolt at a time and put on the cam kit and put bolt back in. Believe torque is 258. They will have to loosen them to align though so might not need to get it that tight but when they do it, ask them to.