Putting a 20" in the bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snakedoctor

Reaction score
How are you guys putting the 20"light bars in the bumpers? Are you cutting out the section or does it just come off? I have had my grille and bumper line-x'd so I doubt that it will come off if there are bolts or screws. Can I cut it out without it looking crappy?

JD 500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How are you guys putting the 20"light bars in the bumpers? Are you cutting out the section or does it just come off? I have had my grille and bumper line-x'd so I doubt that it will come off if there are bolts or screws. Can I cut it out without it looking crappy?

I think there's a sticky on how to do it. But yes, there are bolts and clips that hold the lower grill in. You would probably have to remove bolts, then cut.
I think the cut edge will be visible after light is installed as the bracket (And light bar) sit back a ways.

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There's a couple of small bolts that come out, and that insert will come right out. You shouldn't have an issue even if it was line-x'd. The bolts are small enough that you can razor blade around them and remove them

We sell a multitude of lower grill mount kits here:
Ford Raptor Offroad Fog Lights

Agent 00 L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The lower grill on my truck was cut by the previous owner to put in a winch and he didn't to a very good job.

So I took it back out and cut off the rest of remaining grill part so it was basically just a trim ring. After you carefully cut the grill part off sand it to smooth it out and then use a torch to lightly melt the areas where you cut. This gets rid of the sanding marks and some of the discoloration and smooths it out. It won't be factlory perfect but alot less noticable.

OP
OP
S

Snakedoctor

Reaction score
I cannot see where that would be a problem. I cut some aluminum stock about 1 inch thick to put the light bar out even with the bumper

Everything was line-x'd together. the lower grille won't come out with the screws. I will have to cut it out along with the bumperettes. What are ya'll using to cut these out?