Pillar vs Bumper Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We do have a no-drill bumper cross mount kit available for the Gen 3 Raptor. We can customize you kit to include whatever lights you want and configure the wiring according to your preferences.

https://specialtyperformanceparts.c...er-bracket-kit-with-cross-mount-chain-harness

The kit in the link only has a handful of variations, but we can customize it to be whatever lights and wiring you want, and we can make sure you are still getting kit discounts on everything when we configure your kit.

Please feel free to call or text me at (317) 934-6778, or email me at [email protected].

I hope to get the opportunity to assist you with this!

Thanks!
Sidney @ SPV Parts

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I’m happy with my fog light setup, but think my s2 pros are a bit small on the pillars, and want a bit more overall light.

Would love to hear opinions of pros and cons of bumper lights vs pillar lights. I’m considering either putting a pair of XL80s on the pillars and being done with it, or maybe removing the pillar lights completely and running either a Foutz light bar with some LP6s or the linkable 6 XL lights. Not interested in an aftermarket bumper really.

Pics for reference.

View attachment 444290View attachment 444291View attachment 444292

I would recommend going with an XL80 or Lp4. Both are great options especially if you are looking to to add more light to your setup. XL 80 will provide more light close to mid-range but the Lp4's advantage is the IPT technology that shoots 200 degrees to the side. You will get a slight glare but for most, it's not an issue. The advantage of lights on the Bumper is you will eliminate the glare and also have the opportunity to put higher output light like a Linkable, Light Bar, or LP Series. Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.
Best,

Brahian Herrera | Forum Sales & Support
Email: [email protected] | Phone: (760) 560-2252 Ext 201

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I would recommend going with an XL80 or Lp4. Both are great options especially if you are looking to to add more light to your setup. XL 80 will provide more light close to mid-range but the Lp4's advantage is the IPT technology that shoots 200 degrees to the side. You will get a slight glare but for most, it's not an issue. The advantage of lights on the Bumper is you will eliminate the glare and also have the opportunity to put higher output light like a Linkable, Light Bar, or LP Series. Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.
Best,

Brahian Herrera | Forum Sales & Support
Email: [email protected] | Phone: (760) 560-2252 Ext 201

LP4's Look SWEET up there with the backlights....

This video shows the LP6's, which look very similar to the LP4's just a tad larger and XL80's on our Bumper Crossmount for a good demonstration. Of course placement would be on the A-Pillars, but you can get a good idea what Brahian is talking about. LP4 and LP6's have the backlights.
We also have a marker adapter that plugs into our harnesses to control the amber backlights with the parking/marker/running lights. Also demonstrated in this video.

Hope this adds some more context.

John

mook5186

Reaction score
Has anyone installed behind the grill onx6 10” light bar with a FMIC? Just wondering if any behind the grill light would fit with it installed.

Corsarych

Reaction score
My two cents. L-shaped brackets (CNC made, 6mm thick steel). Idea was to have durable construction without traditional bar. ARB Intensity IQ lights are excellent but really heavy ones.

Attachments

• IMG-20240215-WA0008.jpg
    IMG-20240215-WA0008.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG-20240215-WA0011.jpg
    IMG-20240215-WA0011.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG-20240215-WA0015.jpg
    IMG-20240215-WA0015.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 33
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    294.1 KB · Views: 31
OP
OP
BoostCreep

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My wife already hates the look of my pillar S2s and when I showed her pictures of both she strongly preferred the Foutz bar setup with 4 LP6s.

I neglected to tell her the price difference, but it’s not my fault she voted that way.

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Technically you’re right, I think you have to trim that rubber piece between the bumper and the bottom of the grill

We have a bumper cross mount that doesn't require any cutting, drilling, or modification to your truck. We also have a complete line of patented plug and play harnesses and package pricing with any lights of your choice.

Here's a video we made illustrating this kit with Baja Designs lights:

If you wanted a configuration that isn't already loaded onto the website, just give me a call or text me at (317) 934-6778 and I can help get everything setup and configured into a cart for you with discounts. We are direct with Baja Designs, Rigid, Diode Dynamics, Morimoto, and some others so we also offer price-matching and custom setups.

Please let me know if I can assist with anything. :)

-Sidney @ SPV Parts
[email protected]