Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Lighting Modifications Forum [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Lighting Modifications Forum [GEN 1]

Installed 2 40" radius bars behind grille

This is a discussion on Installed 2 40" radius bars behind grille within the Ford Raptor Lighting Modifications Forum [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!
Did some research and didn't want to really drop 1k+ per bar so found the best rated eBay bars I ...

User Tag List

Like Tree12Likes

Sponsored By: KC HiLiTES

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2017, 12:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default Installed 2 40" radius bars behind grille
Did some research and didn't want to really drop 1k+ per bar so found the best rated eBay bars I could and bought them. Maybe in the future I might upgrade. But these seem to be pretty nicely made. Only had to drill 2 holes behind the grille bumpers everything else matched up with factory holes with the mounts that came with it. Had to refab a bracket to relocate the horns but that wasn't that hard.

Like the stealth look when they're not in use.
Attached Thumbnails
img_8626.jpg   img_8627.jpg   img_8628.jpg  

img_8629.jpg  

KRoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 06:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

I like how it is above and below the grill lettering. I'd imagine you see alot better. So does the grill block the any of the light? I have been toying with the idea of this but ultimately I'll end up passing on it because I am not able to use them on road. But it looks great
jaytperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 08:58 PM   #3 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Originally Posted by jaytperry View Post
I like how it is above and below the grill lettering. I'd imagine you see alot better. So does the grill block the any of the light? I have been toying with the idea of this but ultimately I'll end up passing on it because I am not able to use them on road. But it looks great
You'll lose about 50% of the light having it behind the grille.

If you want to use it on the road, you can wire them up the way I have mine.
Put in a relay (most decent companies send you a wiring harness that has a relay), power it off the upfitter, then trigger it off a tap of the high-beams.
This way, you can choose if it comes on or not, but even if you want it on, it comes on and off with the high beams.
As long as you're not blinding people with your high beams, then no one will ever know you're using it on the road.
Win-Win.
SZDZMTR likes this.

Old 11-12-2017, 09:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Did the grill supports hit the top light bar? I️ was just looking to do this with a old spare bar I️ have sitting around. I️ want to mount at the top part of grill. Any close up pics of the mounting? Looks good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
07Alloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 09:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

Originally Posted by Hamm3r View Post
You'll lose about 50% of the light having it behind the grille.

If you want to use it on the road, you can wire them up the way I have mine.
Put in a relay (most decent companies send you a wiring harness that has a relay), power it off the upfitter, then trigger it off a tap of the high-beams.
This way, you can choose if it comes on or not, but even if you want it on, it comes on and off with the high beams.
As long as you're not blinding people with your high beams, then no one will ever know you're using it on the road.
Win-Win.
Lol until you come around the corner and light up the county sheriff sitting on the edge of the road. I have the small cube lights in the bumper cutouts. I've been warned already lol. I like how bright they are, but they suck in the fog. And since I live in Oregon, fog gets really thick and heavy here. But I'll be considering it, it looks great imo.
jaytperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 09:41 PM   #6 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Lol until you come around the corner and light up the county sheriff sitting on the edge of the road. I have the small cube lights in the bumper cutouts. I've been warned already lol. I like how bright they are, but they suck in the fog. And since I live in Oregon, fog gets really thick and heavy here. But I'll be considering it, it looks great imo.
Amber covers will really help in fog.
And, well, yeah, I've hit a couple cops already by accident, but i think since they see me kill the lights so quick, they don't bother harassing me about it.

Old 11-12-2017, 10:41 PM   #7 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 198 Post(s)

more close ups on how the top one was mounted please, looks awesome!
Bulletnjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:07 AM   #8 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Looks great.

Old 11-13-2017, 12:19 PM   #9 (permalink)

(Thread Starter)
It does block some, but I turned them on last night with and without the hood open to see how much light loss there is, but really there isn't a "huge" difference. Its definitely brighter with the hood up, but for the amount of light loss with it down and the stealth look I couldn't be happier.

Originally Posted by 07Alloy View Post
Did the grill supports hit the top light bar? I️ was just looking to do this with a old spare bar I️ have sitting around. I️ want to mount at the top part of grill. Any close up pics of the mounting? Looks good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nothing touches the light bars. I'll get some more close ups of the the mounts. Only thing I had to do was make a new horn mount out of some bar stock. It's rough right now as I was just trying to get it fabbed up and put in. I need to take the mount back out and grind the edges and round everything off then paint it black.

Originally Posted by Bulletnjm View Post
more close ups on how the top one was mounted please, looks awesome!
I'll get some close ups of the mount today.
Old 11-13-2017, 01:41 PM   #10 (permalink)

(Thread Starter)
Here are the up close pictures of the mounting points. Again the horn relocation brackets are very rough still.
Attached Thumbnails
img_8639.jpg   img_8640.jpg   img_8641.jpg  

img_8642.jpg   img_8643.jpg   img_8644.jpg  

TedB and Bulletnjm like this.