Installed 2 40" radius bars behind grille

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KRoyal

Reaction score
Did some research and didn't want to really drop 1k+ per bar so found the best rated eBay bars I could and bought them. Maybe in the future I might upgrade. But these seem to be pretty nicely made. Only had to drill 2 holes behind the grille bumpers everything else matched up with factory holes with the mounts that came with it. Had to refab a bracket to relocate the horns but that wasn't that hard.

Like the stealth look when they're not in use.

Attachments

• IMG_8626.jpg
    IMG_8626.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_8627.jpg
    IMG_8627.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_8628.jpg
    IMG_8628.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_8629.jpg
    IMG_8629.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 96

jaytperry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like how it is above and below the grill lettering. I'd imagine you see alot better. So does the grill block the any of the light? I have been toying with the idea of this but ultimately I'll end up passing on it because I am not able to use them on road. But it looks great

Hamm3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like how it is above and below the grill lettering. I'd imagine you see alot better. So does the grill block the any of the light? I have been toying with the idea of this but ultimately I'll end up passing on it because I am not able to use them on road. But it looks great

You'll lose about 50% of the light having it behind the grille.

If you want to use it on the road, you can wire them up the way I have mine.
Put in a relay (most decent companies send you a wiring harness that has a relay), power it off the upfitter, then trigger it off a tap of the high-beams.
This way, you can choose if it comes on or not, but even if you want it on, it comes on and off with the high beams.
As long as you're not blinding people with your high beams, then no one will ever know you're using it on the road.
Win-Win.

07Alloy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the grill supports hit the top light bar? I️ was just looking to do this with a old spare bar I️ have sitting around. I️ want to mount at the top part of grill. Any close up pics of the mounting? Looks good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaytperry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll lose about 50% of the light having it behind the grille.

If you want to use it on the road, you can wire them up the way I have mine.
Put in a relay (most decent companies send you a wiring harness that has a relay), power it off the upfitter, then trigger it off a tap of the high-beams.
This way, you can choose if it comes on or not, but even if you want it on, it comes on and off with the high beams.
As long as you're not blinding people with your high beams, then no one will ever know you're using it on the road.
Win-Win.

Lol until you come around the corner and light up the county sheriff sitting on the edge of the road. I have the small cube lights in the bumper cutouts. I've been warned already lol. I like how bright they are, but they suck in the fog. And since I live in Oregon, fog gets really thick and heavy here. But I'll be considering it, it looks great imo.

Hamm3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol until you come around the corner and light up the county sheriff sitting on the edge of the road. I have the small cube lights in the bumper cutouts. I've been warned already lol. I like how bright they are, but they suck in the fog. And since I live in Oregon, fog gets really thick and heavy here. But I'll be considering it, it looks great imo.

Amber covers will really help in fog.
And, well, yeah, I've hit a couple cops already by accident, but i think since they see me kill the lights so quick, they don't bother harassing me about it.

OP
OP
KRoyal

KRoyal

Reaction score

It does block some, but I turned them on last night with and without the hood open to see how much light loss there is, but really there isn't a "huge" difference. Its definitely brighter with the hood up, but for the amount of light loss with it down and the stealth look I couldn't be happier.

Did the grill supports hit the top light bar? I️ was just looking to do this with a old spare bar I️ have sitting around. I️ want to mount at the top part of grill. Any close up pics of the mounting? Looks good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing touches the light bars. I'll get some more close ups of the the mounts. Only thing I had to do was make a new horn mount out of some bar stock. It's rough right now as I was just trying to get it fabbed up and put in. I need to take the mount back out and grind the edges and round everything off then paint it black.

more close ups on how the top one was mounted please, looks awesome!

I'll get some close ups of the mount today.

OP
OP
KRoyal

KRoyal

Reaction score
Here are the up close pictures of the mounting points. Again the horn relocation brackets are very rough still.

Attachments

• IMG_8639.jpg
    IMG_8639.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_8640.jpg
    IMG_8640.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_8641.jpg
    IMG_8641.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_8642.jpg
    IMG_8642.jpg