I need advice on light set up!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rojo212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered RPG's pre-runner bumper with 4 light tabs spaced out for lights up to 8.5 inches wide welded on the top tube. Wanted to get some of your opinions on what lights I should go with. I dont know if I should go with round or cubes. There are so many brands and options i just don't know how to make up my mind. What do you guys think..

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am partial to the round lights....now as far as the brand that will depend on your pocket book... Poke around as there are plenty of vendors that offer many options....

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
depends what you want.

do you want distance, or a bunch of useless light 4' in front of you bumper.

cubes will never get he distance a round light will. Simple physics of optics.

Neither will and LED bar. It may put out more raw lumens, but at what distance?

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Im in the middle of that right now. I installed a vision x 21 light bar and its freakishly bright and reaches as far as the brights and is brighter at that distance than the brights. BUT i want more distance so Im installing a pair of light cannons to get out there further. Talk to the guys at ALTERNATIVE OFFOAD , they are in here all the time and have GREAT SERVICE.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
I just ordered RPG's pre-runner bumper with 4 light tabs spaced out for lights up to 8.5 inches wide welded on the top tube. Wanted to get some of your opinions on what lights I should go with. I dont know if I should go with round or cubes. There are so many brands and options i just don't know how to make up my mind. What do you guys think..

I've got 4 vision-x 8" Lights for sale. They are halogen, can be converted to HID by a kit from vision-x. They are in perfect condition

2 spot beams and 2 euro beams.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We offer lights in all shapes and sizes for that bumper!

Our Apollo4 10w light that pumps out 3200 lumens in a spot or flood pattern. Apollo4 | Apollo Optics, Inc. | Premium LED Off-Road Lighting

Our Apollo6 lights that pump out 2800 lumens in a driving pattern.
Apollo6 | Apollo Optics, Inc. | Premium LED Off-Road Lighting

Our traditional Double Row Bars are another option.
Apollo Double Row Bars | Apollo Optics, Inc. | Premium LED Off-Road Lighting

We also offer large 7" round LED lights. We don't stock them as we haven't seen much demand for them, but they use 32 individual LEDs and put out 8,800 lumens each.

And lastly, we have some new lights that we will be debuting at Raptoberfest that are a smaller round light. Can't say much about it, but if you're interested in this particular light, shoot me a PM and we can talk a bit more about it. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Im in the middle of that right now. I installed a vision x 21 light bar and its freakishly bright and reaches as far as the brights and is brighter at that distance than the brights. BUT i want more distance so Im installing a pair of light cannons to get out there further. Talk to the guys at ALTERNATIVE OFFOAD , they are in here all the time and have GREAT SERVICE.

THank you!!

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Post up a pic of those bad ass lights you bought off of me. Thanks for the purchase!

ysutujyj.jpg

ysese6y9.jpg

How she sits now

reqamunu.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
RPG Prerunner with 5 4.5" light cannons. Go with the Cannons as you can swap out lenses for every scenario. If you can swing it, go for 6.5" cannons:

mywrap7.jpg