Beware of Recon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Idt it'd be related but who knows. My guess would be one of the trailers are messed up and blew them.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trailer park lamp relay power fuse and trailer stop /turn lamps relay power fuse were both blown. Maybe the recons weren't the issue? No idea... I'll replace the fuses today and see what happens. Could the recons be blowing these fuses somehow? Maybe just during installation or something? No idea... Hopefully fuses will fix the issue.

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

Hopefully just a weird coincidence with recons. Hopefully something just got wet or something and fuses will fix issue

Short in the lights....put your stock tails back on and see if the issues go away....send em back.... do the Recons use resistors?

Tituslloydpullo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same brightness problem. Almost couldnt tell when the brake was applied. Also caused hyperflash with the turn signals.

So I threw them away and bought Spyder tail lights. No more hyperflash, and much much better lighting. I love them.

I'm done with Recon. They have good ideas, but they just dont work.

Kyraptor49

Reaction score
Anyone on here have bad dealings with Recon

Got a set of Recon headlights for my 2013 raptor...They was running down my battery...Headlight would intermittently come on when truck was parked..

IRONMAN

Reaction score

Kyraptor49

Reaction score
Your telling me!!! I called them and explained the situation I was having. They responded after several calls to them, after them hanging up (caller id)..Told me to ship them back, out of pocket cost to me. After they had them for over a week, I called them..They said no problem with the lights. I ask them for a refund, they said no way basically..Their customer service sucks, with crappie attitudes..Told them I would post a video on YouTube explaining my problems..