Beware of Recon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Towerhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the headlights are hooked up to the vehicles wiring harness and not through a separate relay then there is no way a head light will come on all by itself. The switch and the timers will not allow it. if you are running a relay off the battery to power those, then there would be a problem in the relay wiring harness. Of course Im just going to throw this out there as well. Someone possibly could be depressing one of the buttons on their key remote without knowing it, but even then, only the parking lights would light and not the headlights.

It sounds as if there is a problem in the wiring harness.

If you cant figure it out, just go back to your stock lights and see if it does it with those.

Last edited:

srs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problems with the anzo's at all. I absolutely love the U-bars. I like them even more than I like halos because they are more unique looking. The whole set-up is plug and play. You take the bulb out of the side marker and there is a hole in the same area on the anzo and a wiring harness plugs straight into your side marker bulb slot. Then from there the main turn signal is the same as stock just insert and twist into place. Then the low and high beam is the only thing I modified. My low beams don't shut off when I hit my high beams. I also swapped the low beam bulb for HID from morimoto. Couldn't be happier.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

What did you do to keep your low beams on when turning your highs on?

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Auto Anything has a 15% sale going on now, but then I read the reviews for the Anzo headlights. Oh, not good. Lots of quality and fitment problems there.

SO I wonder if there is a way to get more/better light out of the standard Ford headlights. I have a 2011, so they're not projector lights. Just standard halogen H13 bulbs. I tried the Recon replacements, and they put out less light and one burned out fairly quickly. (I know better now!)

Does anyone have experience with any of the H13 upgrades. I have a note to check out the Phillips Extreme Power bulbs, but I haven't actually read or heard a first-hand report.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Auto Anything has a 15% sale going on now, but then I read the reviews for the Anzo headlights. Oh, not good. Lots of quality and fitment problems there.

SO I wonder if there is a way to get more/better light out of the standard Ford headlights. I have a 2011, so they're not projector lights. Just standard halogen H13 bulbs. I tried the Recon replacements, and they put out less light and one burned out fairly quickly. (I know better now!)

Does anyone have experience with any of the H13 upgrades. I have a note to check out the Phillips Extreme Power bulbs, but I haven't actually read or heard a first-hand report.

What did you do with the recon heads you purchased?

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

str8fast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have recon headlights recon tail lights and third brake light. Only issue I had with them was after I jumped the sit out of them the turn signals flash is very quick. The coating/smoke finish is flaking and the light output from the bulbs sucked **** so I put a eBay hid kit in and light out put is great now but I still wish I had stock headlights in the front hate that chincy look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sano Dano

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I have a H-13 55w HID Kit (50K) on my 2011......Output is much better.

Only suggestion would be get a quality kit.....ballasts from Germany. The cheaper ballasts only last about a year and are not as bright.

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No one's mentioned Raptor Retrofit yet?? Top notch company to deal with. I picked up a set of 2014 stock HIDs takeoffs and swapped out my stock halogens. Amazing difference.