iTSX and broken iphone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cage1993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was deciding between the iTSX and the handheld tuner I had ask Mike both on here and over the phone about what happens if your iphone (or ipad) was lost or damaged, as I go thru 3 or 4 phones a year! He tried to steer me toward the handheld so I would not have any issues. But I'm hardheaded and reckless, so I went with the iTSX. Well I'm pleased to report, after breaking yet another phone, that if your phone is backed up to itunes and you just restore your new phone to the old phones settings, that everything works perfectly. I was a bit concerned because the SYNC system for example does not transition over, you have to delete the old phone and add the new one. I am guessing the bluetooth connection to the iTSX is based on a serial number in the program, rather than native to the iphones hardware. Anyway, no issues if you have a back up. Hope that helps anyone else that is as hard on phones as I am and is debating over the iTSX vs. handheld.