Tuner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Braintanner

Reaction score
I just picked up a tuner at the dealership I bought my 13 used 6.2 Raptor at. The original owner left it there as he purchased it to install on the truck. It's an sct tuner made to boost the horse power and torque. I've heard gas mileage can also be improved. Any pros and cons that I should know about before using it?
Paulette

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Give Jeff at SVC Off road a call. They have a brand new version X4 tune. I just loaded it on my truck yesterday. I had their tune on my other truck that I sold last year. I really missed not having the tune. Definitely works magic on the performance of the Raptor. You need to wake up this sleeping beauty. You will not gain any significant horse power but you will get better acceleration, no fishing for gears, the truck will run crisp. BUT I suggest getting a pedal commander too at the same time from them. The difference would be night and day. Pedal commander is plug and play. There are multiple threads regarding it. Definitely get it.

Your gas mileage will NOT increase but rather decrease somewhat. But that is expected you will have your foot buried in a lot more for sure. Good luck

Your avatar picture is pretty depressing BTW. :ROFLJest:

OP
OP
Braintanner

Braintanner

Reaction score
Thank you! I will do this for sure! I'm a bit slow at all this stuff now. I'm guessing the previous owner was already using it. Just a wild guess, lol. Will have to get the updates on my pc hopefully? Not sure what plug and play even is but sounds like it could be fun. We'll soon see.

OP
OP
Braintanner

Braintanner

Reaction score
Mission accomplished. I thought I'd failed for a few minutes there! And then I must've moved the key to where it was supposed to be engaged and the device was smart enough to sense that and it has been awakened and IS running crisp and I like the way it feels with the gas pedal now. This 60 y/o Hide Tanning grandma can probably keep her foot off the accelerator as I can wait to replace the tires in the distant future. I can feel that the Rap wants to GO now;-)

Watched a YouTube video on how to update the device. Pretty easy. Resizing my pics for a new avatar is more challenging. Thx for the help!