Maintenance Program

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

7raptor

Reaction score
Love my new truck and want to keep it in the best shape possible.

I drive back and forth between Los Angeles and Mammoth Lakes CA. I drive on dirt roads but I don't do any serious off roading. I do not do any mechanic work on my cars - I work my a$$ off to afford nice toys and vacation time - I can't afford to spend any of my fishing days working on my cars.

What's the best maintenance program/routine to use for my truck, and is there a shop you can recommend (national chain or private) for all of my routine servicing?

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Love my new truck and want to keep it in the best shape possible.

I drive back and forth between Los Angeles and Mammoth Lakes CA. I drive on dirt roads but I don't do any serious off roading. I do not do any mechanic work on my cars - I work my a$$ off to afford nice toys and vacation time - I can't afford to spend any of my fishing days working on my cars.

What's the best maintenance program/routine to use for my truck, and is there a shop you can recommend (national chain or private) for all of my routine servicing?

Take a gander at your owners manual. You will see that most things are maintenance free for easy driving like you describe.

Oil changes and tire rotation is all you'd be worried about for the first 100k miles.

Where do you take your current daily driver?

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

OP
OP
7raptor

7raptor

Reaction score
Take a gander at your owners manual. You will see that most things are maintenance free for easy driving like you describe.

Oil changes and tire rotation is all you'd be worried about for the first 100k miles.

Where do you take your current daily driver?

Yukon Joe
Run Raptor Run | Great Lakes Raptor Excursions (GLRE)

My daily driver is a 7 series - all maintenance + brake pads is included.

Last edited:

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Oil change, tire rotation, air filter, battery and inspections. Simple.
A nice investment is a reusable filter intake system. Little bit better throttle response and gives you the advantage to be able to give it a quick wash and dry every 50k miles (or at least that's how often I do mine)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oil change, tire rotation, air filter, battery and inspections. Simple.
A nice investment is a reusable filter intake system. Little bit better throttle response and gives you the advantage to be able to give it a quick wash and dry every 50k miles (or at least that's how often I do mine)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

You should wash yours after each off-road event. Or sub in a throw away for the event.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

Deletedone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should wash yours after each off-road event. Or sub in a throw away for the event.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

Does that go for both the oiled filters and the dry ones? I've got the AFE stage 2 from mikes 5 star and don't remember what filter it came with. I've been to 3 events and haven't washed it yet. Wasn't exactly sure what the steps were? Vacuum then wash with soap and water?

Deletedone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2c6abdd34b38d5890b88231970e0fce2.jpg
Do you have the pre filter?

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

No, just the cone shaped one.

Last edited: