EBC Orange brake pad users

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Camperguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed some after market rotors and ceramic pads that my mechanic recommended. Well to put it simply they suck for stopping. Now they have zero dust or squeel. They work ok for regular stop and go city driving but add speed to the equation (50mph+)and it feels like theyre wood. I broke them in as suggested and the system was flushed and bled twice. Also they seem to smoke a little to easy. Cant get abs to activate. Now from what ive read so far here that the orange pads are recommended by EBC and work awesome. How long do they last? I dont care about a little dust or squeel when they are cold. I just want to stop safely,have good pedal feel and to not fade after 1 hard stop. Please just guys running the EBC Extreme Duty 9000 series Orange pads. I have run the greens and yellows and Hawk LTS pads in the past and never was impressed.

Thank Bill

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just installed some after market rotors and ceramic pads that my mechanic recommended. Well to put it simply they suck for stopping. Now they have zero dust or squeel. They work ok for regular stop and go city driving but add speed to the equation (50mph+)and it feels like theyre wood. I broke them in as suggested and the system was flushed and bled twice. Also they seem to smoke a little to easy. Cant get abs to activate. Now from what ive read so far here that the orange pads are recommended by EBC and work awesome. How long do they last? I dont care about a little dust or squeel when they are cold. I just want to stop safely,have good pedal feel and to not fade after 1 hard stop. Please just guys running the EBC Extreme Duty 9000 series Orange pads. I have run the greens and yellows and Hawk LTS pads in the past and never was impressed.

Thank Bill

They are great pads, you're going to see a little more dust than stock or green stuff pads but better over all performance. Shouldn't give your any squealing issues when cold like reds will. As for life they should last almost as long as stock pads but may wear a little quicker, they will certainly wear the rotor surface faster than a stock pad will.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're thinking about EBC, they have a pad that is specifically designed for trucks. It's their heavy duty "Red" pad. It will leave dust on the rims, will wear rotors quicker, is greatly more expensive than the other options (ex: front pads alone are lik $225). But I have heard from my customers that they are awesome in braking.

Let me know if I can help, I offer EBC, Hawk, Stoptech, R1Concepts and more.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PowerStop Evolution Plus
Powerstop flat surface rotors

Bill

don't spend the money on the EBC parts, let me hook you up with a complete R1Concepts drilled and slotted package. The difference makes all the difference (if that makes sense). There is a reason I promote R1 over EBC, Hawk, StopTech, Powerstop and all others. First hand testing and an impeccable reputation in the Raptor community as a whole. Send me or @Rick@FreedomMotorsports a PM and we can help set you up and save a little coin while we do that during our Labor Day brake sale.

We can still get the EBC parts if you want them, I just highly recommend the R1 products that much more.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i just went with Rock auto. wagner pads, and decent rotors. cheap but effective. took them up a few mountains, some hard days on trails, through a couple desert trail days, ect. they heat up a little quick but minimal fade overall. very confident in my stopping power.

and i didnt spend 2.6 million to do it either.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you're thinking about EBC, they have a pad that is specifically designed for trucks. It's their heavy duty "Red" pad. It will leave dust on the rims, will wear rotors quicker, is greatly more expensive than the other options (ex: front pads alone are lik $225). But I have heard from my customers that they are awesome in braking.

Let me know if I can help, I offer EBC, Hawk, Stoptech, R1Concepts and more.

The red pad is their most aggressive pad and will squeal when cold, for DD I'd recommend orange or yellow pads.