Ann Arbor,MI Area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Headed to Ann Arbor right now. Got an appointment at the VA. Welcome to the forum. Are you looking for a Gen 1 or Gen 2?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

TY2185

Reaction score
Thanks for the Welcome!

Gen 1 with a 6.2 still reading up on what to look for when buying.

BTW I'm a GM guy giving up on Chevrolet coming out with anything I would what to buy. Haha

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the Welcome!

Gen 1 with a 6.2 still reading up on what to look for when buying.

BTW I'm a GM guy giving up on Chevrolet coming out with anything I would what to buy. Haha
Also a GM guy before the Raptor. If GM made something truly comparable I would buy it.
So the toughest part for me was deciding how much I was willing to spend. I knew I wanted the 6.2l, SCAB, and did not want the navigation screen. In the end found a 2010 with 60,000 miles for 33,500. Cars.com has a lot of area options and the gen 1 trucks are becoming more and more common and for less $$ around here. That's how I found ours in Paw Paw MI.
If you get something before 03-10-2017 We are heading to an off road park in Tennessee with some fellow Raptor owners and some gen 2's will be there if you want to check them out.
Also I have rebuilt my shocks so if you find a 2010 plan on rebuilding but know that I can help if you want. Tons of info on here for stuff like that. First things first though... find that rig! Good luck.

OP
OP
T

TY2185

Reaction score
Also a GM guy before the Raptor. If GM made something truly comparable I would buy it.
So the toughest part for me was deciding how much I was willing to spend. I knew I wanted the 6.2l, SCAB, and did not want the navigation screen. In the end found a 2010 with 60,000 miles for 33,500. Cars.com has a lot of area options and the gen 1 trucks are becoming more and more common and for less $$ around here. That's how I found ours in Paw Paw MI.
If you get something before 03-10-2017 We are heading to an off road park in Tennessee with some fellow Raptor owners and some gen 2's will be there if you want to check them out.
Also I have rebuilt my shocks so if you find a 2010 plan on rebuilding but know that I can help if you want. Tons of info on here for stuff like that. First things first though... find that rig! Good luck.

I have a Junior in college so 1 more year of payments. I won't be jumping on anything right away. Thank you very much for the info and the offer on the shocks. I'm a DIY'er so I would like to learn how to rebuild these Fox shocks. I like the profile of the Scab and I love the Blue color similar to my current DD Silverado SS.

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?t=43929

Check out the link above for info on rebuilding yourself. Never too early to start learning or collecting needed materials and tools. This one's mine.

1f09811cb3c3073afb3db32be554006f.jpg

OP
OP
T

TY2185

Reaction score
Nice looking Truck. That's what I'm thinking I want.

The more video I see of the 2 Gens the more I really like the look. Ford really got looks right with this truck. Use the V8 with the Flat plane crank and I would get the 2 Gen. I will have to take out a 3rd Mortgage.

Tex-R1

Full Access Member
Reaction score