'18 Lead Foot Screw from San Diego!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joegie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've always loved the Raptor, been eyeing one ever since the Gen. 2 released. The original plan was to start shopping around June of this year to have the truck by October as a birthday present to myself.

I was just searching on Cars.com because I was bored at work, stumbled upon an ad for $4k off in Mississippi. Contacted dealer on Monday, had the truck reserved that same day, tickets and hotels booked the next day. Flew out on Thursday, the weather in Dallas was horrendous and they had issued a ground stop, this caused a delay in our arriving as well as our connecting flight to be delayed.

Here are some photos on the trip back, my wife and I did it in about 3 days and it was a little under 1900 miles. Wish we had some more time to stop and do a little sightseeing.

Specs are as follows:
- 2018 Screw Lead Foot
- 802A
- Tech Pack
- Carbon interior
- Hood and Side graphics, hood graphics removed already, still deciding about the bed graphics
- Tailgate step
- Tail applique
- Pano sunroof
- Second row heated seats
- Bed extender
- Spray in liner installed by dealer

Can't wait to get some mods on her!

First of many fill ups in Kilgore, TX

25631391797_1fe00cbec1_h.jpg

Obligatory Starbucks stop outside Abilene, TX

38691633590_844f8f9a2b_h.jpg

Back in good 'ole Commiefornia!

39606458505_8e67110689_h.jpg

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice Raptor Joe, and way to drive across country!! I'll be doing the same in about 8-10 weeks...from St. Louis MO to SoCal!! Looking forward to it. Be sure and drive by all your local Ford dealers with that dealer plate attached :)

I was talking to my dealer and he warned me not to hit the freeway and just set the cruise control - but to vary driving conditions for a proper break in...you do the same?

OP
OP
J

joegie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice Raptor Joe, and way to drive across country!! I'll be doing the same in about 8-10 weeks...from St. Louis MO to SoCal!! Looking forward to it. Be sure and drive by all your local Ford dealers with that dealer plate attached :)

I was talking to my dealer and he warned me not to hit the freeway and just set the cruise control - but to vary driving conditions for a proper break in...you do the same?

thanks! i gotta pick up some parts, so i'll take it to my local dealer, they're probably charging 10-20k markup lol.

yeah, we varied speeds anywhere from 50-85mph, didn't have much option since we were kinda in a time crunch to get home lol. we didn't use cruise control though.

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

nice, did it already have California emissions so you can register it here?

yes, all raptors are 50 state legal, the emissions sticker under the hood has the CA emissions on it, I made sure to have the dealer send me the photo before I bought it.

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks! i gotta pick up some parts, so i'll take it to my local dealer, they're probably charging 10-20k markup lol.

yeah, we varied speeds anywhere from 50-85mph, didn't have much option since we were kinda in a time crunch to get home lol. we didn't use cruise control though.

My plan as well!

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

yes, all raptors are 50 state legal, the emissions sticker under the hood has the CA emissions on it, I made sure to have the dealer send me the photo before I bought it.

Yea I checked with a guy over on the GT350 Forum who works with Ford in MI and he said they are all 50 State Emission compliant these days. Also, my dealer just sent me a pic of the underhood sticker of a brand new 2018 Raptor they just got in yesterday and sure enough has all the CA wording on it...wish it was the build I wanted as it's unclaimed (so far).

OP
OP
J

joegie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks guys!

Yea I checked with a guy over on the GT350 Forum who works with Ford in MI and he said they are all 50 State Emission compliant these days. Also, my dealer just sent me a pic of the underhood sticker of a brand new 2018 Raptor they just got in yesterday and sure enough has all the CA wording on it...wish it was the build I wanted as it's unclaimed (so far).

keep searching, maybe you'll find the build you want, or wait, 2 months isn't that bad haha.

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks guys!

keep searching, maybe you'll find the build you want, or wait, 2 months isn't that bad haha.

At this point I have my deposit in and am awaiting my build date. While waiting is not fun, I am glad I got the exact build I wanted so will be worth it in the long run.

OP
OP
J

joegie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At this point I have my deposit in and am awaiting my build date. While waiting is not fun, I am glad I got the exact build I wanted so will be worth it in the long run.

yeah, i understand two months isn't as bad as others who have waited 5-6 months haha.