rear frame fix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Richie... there's no "weak spot". In fact, if the frame hadn't given way (like its designed to do, according to SVT's top dog) who knows what other damage may have occurred... or what injuries may have resulted.

Having said that, SDHQ is making a kit to plug the inspection port in that area. See it here: http://www.svtoffroad.com/f87/sdhq-ford-raptor-rear-frame-reinforcement-kit-4132/

There are also replacement bump stop options, like seen here: http://www.svtoffroad.com/f63/bump-stop-options-ford-raptor-svt-4140/

Be careful though... if you're going to run in the desert, at 80+ mph, totally blind to the obstacles (since you didn't prerun the route and mark them on your map)... you may in fact want that frame to bend. An $800 fix is cheap compared to what else can (and will) go wrong when you hit that same obstacle with a stiffer frame.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
rear frame fix

There is, IMO, nothing wrong with the rear frame!

BigJ is right on. Said another way: If the Raptor is being driven in a way that would cause damage to the vehicle's stock frame then beefing it up will only transfer impact which could cause damage to other areas of the truck.

Feel free to beef up your frame if you think it will help more than hurt. Note that beefing up your frame may or may not cause your dealer "concern" and cause them to take action that could (could) include voiding the frame warranty.

I am reminded of one of Newton's Laws of Motion, "For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction"

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the most important product...

wait for it...

duct_tape.jpg

bradyh20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, if you can't duct it, ... f___ it.

Yeah, best upgrade for the frame is a tube chassis. I mean, it's only $600 to get a frame pulled...

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gheez-O-Pete... what kind of shadetree engineers are you guys??? I can't believe no one has mentioned Double-faced carpet tape! <G>