What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bearii

Reaction score
Installed the JLT oil separator today. piece of cake. however the bottom rubber cover to protect the engine on rubbing fell off in my hand, not sure what they're using to bond it, but they need to change, the rubber around the adhesive just flaked off. I used hot glue, seems to work just fine.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but what is the purpose of the oil separator?

Last edited:

COBRA90GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ To prevent oil from getting sucked into the combustion chamber - the Ford factory PCV system is notorious (ask any 4V Cobra owner) for feeding oil into the upper intake and downstream.

Oil separators help "trap" and greatly reduce the amount of oil "mist" that would otherwise get fed back into the engine. You can go the poor man's route and use an air/water separator designed for air compressors (with a few tweaks), a home made version or splurge for one of the "name brand" versions out there on the market.

YMMV

sb127

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed one of these yesterday and had the exact same experience with the rubber piece. I used silicon...we'll see how that holds up. JLT definitely needs to change whatever glue they're using.

Installed the JLT oil separator today. piece of cake. however the bottom rubber cover to protect the engine on rubbing fell off in my hand, not sure what they're using to bond it, but they need to change, the rubber around the adhesive just flaked off. I used hot glue, seems to work just fine.